Football: 'Let's talk about six, baby'

AncalagonTheBlack

4 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Marca reporting Rodri will leave Atleti. He will be a great Fernandinho replacement. Ugh

Yeah. It looks like this transfer is going to happen as Atleti have already lined up his replacement - Marcos Llorente from Real Madrid for €40m. 

City are going to dominate in England as long as Guardiola is at the club. Might as well get used to it. At least they still shit the bed in the CL though. Cancelo is similar to Walker - excellent in attack but very suspect defensively. He does fit Pep's system though and is a needed signing especially if Danilo leaves. With Kompany being released, they'd need another CB as well. 

4 hours ago, Jordan La Cabra said:

qualifying for the Champions League will be extremely difficult for Chelsea.

Nothing is difficult for Chelsea. Nothing!

3 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Platini arrested over the Qatar fiasco. England now even money to host 2022 world cup. 

Honestly, how did Qatar ever get the WC? No amount of blatant corruption could justify it.

And let’s not even get started on the whole slavery problem.

FIFA, you’re gross!  

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Nothing is difficult for Chelsea. Nothing!

Honestly, how did Qatar ever get the WC? No amount of blatant corruption could justify it.

And let’s not even get started on the whole slavery problem.

FIFA, you’re gross!  

The more you read about the Qatar thing the more disgusting it is. Sarkozy telling Platini to vote for them, Qatar buying a bunch of planes afterwards, Platinis son gets a job with a Qatari firm... 

9 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

The more you read about the Qatar thing the more disgusting it is. Sarkozy telling Platini to vote for them, Qatar buying a bunch of planes afterwards, Platinis son gets a job with a Qatari firm... 

I haven’t even read much about the recent happenings. I'm still buffering on the SLAVERY issue. Haven’t thousands of verified slaves already died building the stadiums.  

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I haven’t even read much about the recent happenings. I'm still buffering on the SLAVERY issue. Haven’t thousands of verified slaves already died building the stadiums.  

I mean the slavery stuff in Qatar and much of the UAE is utterly shocking as well. Its just kind of accepted as some sort of cultural right that you can import people, take their passports away and work them to death whilst housing them in squalor and publicly beat them.

At this point that just seems like old news and nobody seems to be even surprised by stuff like that any more. 

21 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I mean the slavery stuff in Qatar and much of the UAE is utterly shocking as well. Its just kind of accepted as some sort of cultural right that you can import people, take their passports away and work them to death whilst housing them in squalor and publicly beat them.

At this point that just seems like old news and nobody seems to be even surprised by stuff like that any more. 

And in turn, we should accept that they don’t get any of our money and the biggest tournament in the world. I honestly have no idea how any of this was approved once they found out they’d be using SLAVES. Even FIFA should be above that, and that’s not saying much.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

How dare you besmirch the decisions of then President of everybody Sepp Blatter!!!!!!!

This is a complete aside, but were you the one who made the 'failed states' post in one of the politics thread? I feel like I might be misremembering. Or perhaps I'm not. 

1 hour ago, Raja said:

This is a complete aside, but were you the one who made the 'failed states' post in one of the politics thread? I feel like I might be misremembering. Or perhaps I'm not. 

I’m guessing you’re talking in reference to Venezuela, which in that case, yes, I was one among many talking about it.    

12 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Marca reporting Rodri will leave Atleti. He will be a great Fernandinho replacement. Ugh

Bayern are also still in the running. They apparently also met with him the other day, and are also prepared to meet his release fee. The player has rumoredly ruled out PSG and United as destinations for him.

I also think City is more plausible destination, but let's just wait and see until it's official.

Report in Kicker saying that Dortmund have agreed a fee of €38m (which includes bonuses) for Hummels. That's a good piece of business for Bayern.

ETA. I see that Bayern have officially confirmed the transfer on the club's website. It's a good deal for Dortmund too. They needed the experience in their backline.

Not sure, it's that good a piece of business for Bayern. They sold Hummels, not Boateng.

Hummels was still the leading centreback in the league for the past 6 months (kicker ranking). It makes sense for Bayern to part ways with some defenders, after they signed Hernandez and Pavard, and with Süle already being there as Germany's #1 cb. But it's really not like Hummels has turned into a shit player.

For those keeping track (no-one, I know), it seems Everton are reading my posts. 

Williams released. Jags released. Baines signing a one-year extention. 

Plus whispers that a deal with Barca over Gomes is about to be finalized. Me mentioning it now will jinx it, however, and I'm sorry for that. 

Now, what we need is to threaten Chelsea with pox unless they sell us Zouma, find a couple of cheap world-class players and we are all set for next season!

Archived