MLB 2019: The Good, The Bad, and The Mets

Myshkin

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

Bumgarner throwing a tantrum again. He’s an angry fuck.

Muncy told him if you don’t wanna watch me trot you can go fish the ball out of the ocean.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Somebody shot David Ortiz in the back at a bar last night.  Hope he's alright - he's reportedly in stable condition after surgery.

I hear he is out of danger, it went through and missed his organs. And the crowd grabbed the guy and made a mess out of his face. He's going to have a bad time in prison.

16 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

You guys jinxed Didi. Blow a 5-0 lead, then make 2 huge errors in the 9th for them to tie it. What a series by the whole team.

I sure did. I'm less concerned about the error than I am about the fact that I haven't seen a post game tweet from him yet.

Both Stanton and Judge to start rehab assignments for Scranton tonight - both are reportedly in the lineup.  Stanton already went 4-7 with 3HRs in two games in Tampa (High A), he should be back with the Yanks by Monday.  Judge will reportedly be with Scranton for "slightly" longer.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's not back til the following Monday.  But, damn, that lineup's gonna look pretty damn scary if they can come back anywhere close to full strength.

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

There was definitely a narrative last year when they vaulted into the playoffs that they were an up-and-coming young team that had arrived more quickly than anticipated, and it feels like this year so far strongly suggests that it was no fluke.  

The extent of their performance so far has surprised me and every projection system around. The addition of Kuechel and a little bit of clarity among the top 3 in the rotation should go a long way. A slight nudge in pitching could really move this team from playoff hunt to WS contender. If..we can get over our Dodger baggage..

8 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

What an odd move by the Yankees. I mean I’ll take it, but it just seemed to come out of nowhere. Is Frazier definitely gonna be dealt now? 

Gotta figure the move was designed so they could trade Frazier for pitching.  There's no room for him and no logic to it otherwise.  Which kinda sucks - I'd really like to see him develop as a Yank.

7 hours ago, Triskele said:

I attended Cubs @ Dodgers and saw a total pitcher's duel between Bueller and Darvish only to see Rizzo hit a 2 run bomb to win it in the 9th.  It was disgusting.   

Made my night better...

20 hours ago, DMC said:

Gotta figure the move was designed so they could trade Frazier for pitching.  There's no room for him and no logic to it otherwise.  Which kinda sucks - I'd really like to see him develop as a Yank.

My thoughts exactly, I didn't every think they were going to keep him. Not with Florial lurking down there, with Judge, and then bringing in Stanton and extending Hicks.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:20 PM, Demetri said:

How about those Braves?

They must fix the bullpen if they hope to challenge for a title, but yeah, the way they're playing lately is pretty exciting from the perspective of a fan. The prevailing wisdom is they'll pick up a closer (at least) by the trade deadline, but I'd rather they go ahead and make a move now if one is on the table. They can't afford for Jackson, Minter or whoever to blow 3 or 4 more games before the end of July. 

Archived