MLB 2019: The Good, The Bad, and The Mets

Myshkin

26 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

I wish the Cards would just bite the goddamn bullet, fire Moz and Schildt, make Stubby  the manager, sell off our dead weight (ie the probably untradable Carp) and do a two year retool / rebuild. Losing Luhnow is probably the worst thing for our franchise the last fifteen years, more than the idiotic Pham dump or the Carp extension. Astros have had one dramatic turn around, directly once Jeff Luhnow started making aggressive moves. Oh and Altuve helped !

Calm yourself brother Redbird, our mighty Cards have a lot of fight still left in them. 

8 hours ago, Trisky said:

Calm yourself brother Redbird, our mighty Cards have a lot of fight still left in them. 

Even I agree with this. The Brewers are going to fade, are fading a little already,  and it's going to be Cubs/Cards until the end most likely. 

Ya I was cranky. They haven't done much to make me happy this year, and relying on a chance to get hot late and maybe into get a playoff series has been the FO MO (sorry I had to) for a few years. I love Cards  Cubs rivalry more than anything in sports so I'm mostly hoping we at least don't embarrass ourselves against you guys in September. Both teams (and the Brewers) have lots of holes in the hull to seal if they want to compete against the big guns. Holy crap the Astros look formidable, and the Yanks and Doyers are sound. As of today I'll  be very surprised if one of those three doesn't win it all this year.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Miggy with the pinch hit walk off bomb!!!

That was beautiful!

This lineup can be scary good at times, especially with the raw power of Nelson and Sano when they are on, and Buxton terrorizing the bases (when healthy).

5 hours ago, wolverine said:

That was beautiful!

This lineup can be scary good at times, especially with the raw power of Nelson and Sano when they are on, and Buxton terrorizing the bases (when healthy).

Watching it live I felt he was either going to strike out on three pitches or blast one. Thankfully we got the latter. He's been clutch since coming back from injuries, but it looks like they're still bring him on slowly. 

Honestly the most exciting part about this team is that we have the number two prospect looking like he'll be called up next spring and that righty pitcher is throwing some filthy stuff in the minors. 

Torres got pulled early tonight.  Fucking A man.  I swear they might have one of the three best records in baseball with primarily their Triple A lineup.  That's goddamn crazy.  Tauchman hit his third home run in the last two games.

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Was it the same injury as a few days ago?

Well, yeah I suppose, it started on Sunday.  Have to say, I do enjoy it being referred to as "core pain."  I've had core pain all my entire adult life:

Thrilling game between the Dodgers n Cards. Flaherty pitches another gem ruined by weak offense, alas.

As soon as Miller went on the mound I knew we werent going to hold it. Then Martinez' wild pitch and I think the entire stadium (and 300k viewers on the youtube feed) saw the inevitable. Dodgers are a fun team.

21 hours ago, DMC said:

Torres got pulled early tonight.  Fucking A man.  I swear they might have one of the three best records in baseball with primarily their Triple A lineup.  That's goddamn crazy.  Tauchman hit his third home run in the last two games.

It's crazy to think how much better they would be with only half the injuries.

This is pretty cool - Yanks and White Sox to play at Field of Dreams next year:

The New York Yankees and Chicago White Sox will play a game at the famed Field of Dreams in Dyersville, Iowa, on Aug. 13, 2020, the teams announced Thursday.

A temporary, 8,000-seat ballpark will be built at the site where the 1989 movie was filmed to accommodate the first major league game played in Iowa.

12 hours ago, Triskele said:

OK, Dude.  Flaherty's coming back to Earth of this year has been one of the disapoinitments, but lately he's dominating again, and it's glorious.

Sound like Reyes now has a fucking pec injury.  So frustrating.  

On the plus side, given his recent domination, he looks pretty much in line if you look over the course of the season.

Archived