MLB 2019: The Good, The Bad, and The Mets

Myshkin

58 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Fixing for a loser’s threepeat?

Well if I had my pick of likely AL playoff teams to face in the WS I'd take the Twins, no hesitation. But since that's highly unlikely, I'd rather face the Yanks than the 'Stros. I like how our pitching lines up against theirs. Plus, the history.

On 8/16/2019 at 6:17 PM, Myshkin said:

Well if I had my pick of likely AL playoff teams to face in the WS I'd take the Twins, no hesitation. But since that's highly unlikely, I'd rather face the Yanks than the 'Stros. I like how our pitching lines up against theirs. Plus, the history.

If you want Clayton’s playoff ERA to get even worse, we’ll be happy to help.

Well Ty, the Yanks split with Cleveland which did help you guys since the Twins have won four straight - even though I was hoping for a 3-1 series victory, but, CC sucked yesterday.  Anyway, you're welcome.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Well Ty, the Yanks split with Cleveland which did help you guys since the Twins have won four straight - even though I was hoping for a 3-1 series victory, but, CC sucked yesterday.  Anyway, you're welcome.

Wonder if CC makes the post-season roster. i cant see them giving him a start but maybe a couple innings out of the pen. I wonder what # they bat Stanton when he comes back. they cant have Judge and Stanton hit back to back in the lineup IMO with their strikeout %'s. Their lineup and pen has got them where they are but I see them losing to Houston for sure.

3 hours ago, The Last Storm said:

Wonder if CC makes the post-season roster. i cant see them giving him a start but maybe a couple innings out of the pen. I wonder what # they bat Stanton when he comes back. they cant have Judge and Stanton hit back to back in the lineup IMO with their strikeout %'s. Their lineup and pen has got them where they are but I see them losing to Houston for sure.

I think CC will definitely make the postseason roster.  You want to have four starters, so even if they get Sevy back, you still gotta consider the fact German will probably be used as a reliever - if at all - at that point to limit his innings.  Which means you got Tanaka, Paxton, Sevy, and _______.  Right now, I'd rather put CC in that blank than Happ, although we'll see what happens.  

If everyone's healthy, they'll break up Judge and Stanton with Voit, I suspect.  Or maybe Hicks.  Or Didi in the considerably likely case the former two aren't going to be healthy for the postseason.  

I think the ALCS being Yanks-Stros is probably what's gonna happen, but who knows even that.  If it is though, I definitely wouldn't say anything "for sure."  First, there's still, what, six weeks left for injuries/recovery from injuries?  So, who knows what things look like in October.  But also, while I think Houston is the favorite, I wouldn't characterize them as strong favorites.  Maybe 60-40 odds for Houston, 66-33 tops.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

I think CC will definitely make the postseason roster.  You want to have four starters, so even if they get Sevy back, you still gotta consider the fact German will probably be used as a reliever - if at all - at that point to limit his innings.  Which means you got Tanaka, Paxton, Sevy, and _______.  Right now, I'd rather put CC in that blank than Happ, although we'll see what happens.  

If everyone's healthy, they'll break up Judge and Stanton with Voit, I suspect.  Or maybe Hicks.  Or Didi in the considerably likely case the former two aren't going to be healthy for the postseason.  

I think the ALCS being Yanks-Stros is probably what's gonna happen, but who knows even that.  If it is though, I definitely wouldn't say anything "for sure."  First, there's still, what, six weeks left for injuries/recovery from injuries?  So, who knows what things look like in October.  But also, while I think Houston is the favorite, I wouldn't characterize them as strong favorites.  Maybe 60-40 odds for Houston, 66-33 tops.

Houston's starting pitching can be scary in a 7 game series but your right there is a lot of time from now till then. I suspect they slow down Germans innings big time. Look at the Nationals and what those idiots did when Strasburg pitched great in the regular season and they didnt pitch him in October. German has to be #3 starter assuming Sevy is back

18 hours ago, Triskele said:

He likes to keep things interesting.  

Yes, Kenley scares me every time he takes the mound. But I was actually talking about whoever came up with the player’s weekend uniforms. That person better get fired. Apparently the Dodgers petitioned the league to have at least one of their games against the Yanks played in regular unis, but were denied. The person who denied that request should also get fired.

12 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Yes, Kenley scares me every time he takes the mound. But I was actually talking about whoever came up with the player’s weekend uniforms. That person better get fired. Apparently the Dodgers petitioned the league to have at least one of their games against the Yanks played in regular unis, but were denied. The person who denied that request should also get fired.

Given how many teams violated the cap policy Friday every team could have abandoned this folly and that would have been the end of Player's Weekend. 

Nice series win for the Yanks, one more bad Jansen cutter away from a sweep.  Voit looks like he's ready to come back, 5 for 12 with a homer and two walks in his Triple A rehab stint.

On 8/25/2019 at 10:03 PM, DMC said:

Nice series win for the Yanks, one more bad Jansen cutter away from a sweep.  Voit looks like he's ready to come back, 5 for 12 with a homer and two walks in his Triple A rehab stint.

On 8/26/2019 at 1:00 AM, Ramsay B. said:

Another quality start and Judge heating up. I like it.

Judge getting hot now is just what the doctor ordered gents. 

2 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Judge getting hot now is just what the doctor ordered gents. 

Indeed - based on my napkin-math he's got a 1.242 OPS with 6 HRs in the last 10 games.  In general, it's really cool seeing Judge, Torres, and Sanchez in the middle of the lineup together carrying the offense (along with the mighty LaMahieu of course) - three guys that are basically homegrown.  (Yes, Torres is arguable as he was already a top 100 prospect in High A when they acquired him, but still - plus they almost signed him originally but the Cubs outbid em.)

56 minutes ago, DMC said:

Indeed - based on my napkin-math he's got a 1.242 OPS with 6 HRs in the last 10 games.  In general, it's really cool seeing Judge, Torres, and Sanchez in the middle of the lineup together carrying the offense (along with the mighty LaMahieu of course) - three guys that are basically homegrown.  (Yes, Torres is arguable as he was already a top 100 prospect in High A when they acquired him, but still - plus they almost signed him originally but the Cubs outbid em.)

Whatever Judge is doing is going to infect the rest of the order like a virus and they're all going to get hot, especially Voit and Stanton when they come back. I hope DJ wins the batting title.

Archived