Myshkin

MLB 2019: The Good, The Bad, and The Mets

On 8/2/2019 at 4:10 PM, Ramsay B. said:

Is “Gingergaard” the accepted terminology in Dodgerland?

On 8/2/2019 at 4:17 PM, Trisky said:

God I hope not.

ESPN would not stop with that.  But I can see why May might like it as a kind of take the insult and own it and make it yours kind of thing.  

STL looks like they're dropping both of the two games series @ Oakland which is a bummer with @ Doyers coming up.  Need to keep the pressure on these Vile in the Central who are still favored.  

2 minutes ago, Triskele said:

STL looks like they're dropping both of the two games series @ Oakland which is a bummer with @ Doyers coming up.  Need to keep the pressure on these Vile in the Central who are still favored.  

The baseball Athletics of Oakland are being decidedly unclassy. 

Wild game between the Friars and los Doyers. Too bad my beloved St. Louis Redbirds don't have the kind of skill and determination that los Doyers possess.

Wowee, that Cody Bellinger sure can hit a baseball. Classy guy too.

On 8/4/2019 at 6:29 PM, Trisky said:

The baseball Athletics of Oakland are being decidedly unclassy. 

I find them just fine tonight so far...

1 minute ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I find them just fine tonight so far...

Losing to the Vile is just more evidence of their supreme unclassyness

I wish the Cards would just bite the goddamn bullet, fire Moz and Schildt, make Stubby  the manager, sell off our dead weight (ie the probably untradable Carp) and do a two year retool / rebuild. Losing Luhnow is probably the worst thing for our franchise the last fifteen years, more than the idiotic Pham dump or the Carp extension. Astros have had one dramatic turn around, directly once Jeff Luhnow started making aggressive moves. Oh and Altuve helped !

26 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

I wish the Cards would just bite the goddamn bullet, fire Moz and Schildt, make Stubby  the manager, sell off our dead weight (ie the probably untradable Carp) and do a two year retool / rebuild. Losing Luhnow is probably the worst thing for our franchise the last fifteen years, more than the idiotic Pham dump or the Carp extension. Astros have had one dramatic turn around, directly once Jeff Luhnow started making aggressive moves. Oh and Altuve helped !

Calm yourself brother Redbird, our mighty Cards have a lot of fight still left in them. 

8 hours ago, Trisky said:

Calm yourself brother Redbird, our mighty Cards have a lot of fight still left in them. 

Even I agree with this. The Brewers are going to fade, are fading a little already,  and it's going to be Cubs/Cards until the end most likely. 

Ya I was cranky. They haven't done much to make me happy this year, and relying on a chance to get hot late and maybe into get a playoff series has been the FO MO (sorry I had to) for a few years. I love Cards  Cubs rivalry more than anything in sports so I'm mostly hoping we at least don't embarrass ourselves against you guys in September. Both teams (and the Brewers) have lots of holes in the hull to seal if they want to compete against the big guns. Holy crap the Astros look formidable, and the Yanks and Doyers are sound. As of today I'll  be very surprised if one of those three doesn't win it all this year.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Miggy with the pinch hit walk off bomb!!!

That was beautiful!

This lineup can be scary good at times, especially with the raw power of Nelson and Sano when they are on, and Buxton terrorizing the bases (when healthy).

5 hours ago, wolverine said:

That was beautiful!

This lineup can be scary good at times, especially with the raw power of Nelson and Sano when they are on, and Buxton terrorizing the bases (when healthy).

Watching it live I felt he was either going to strike out on three pitches or blast one. Thankfully we got the latter. He's been clutch since coming back from injuries, but it looks like they're still bring him on slowly. 

Honestly the most exciting part about this team is that we have the number two prospect looking like he'll be called up next spring and that righty pitcher is throwing some filthy stuff in the minors. 

Torres got pulled early tonight.  Fucking A man.  I swear they might have one of the three best records in baseball with primarily their Triple A lineup.  That's goddamn crazy.  Tauchman hit his third home run in the last two games.

And a catch of the year candidate. The Sock Man!

These injuries are getting crazy. Was it the same injury as a few days ago?

20 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

What role does Morrissey play for the franchise?  

44 minutes ago, Triskele said:

What role does Morrissey play for the franchise?  

Vice President of Kickass Tunes. Duh. A real Cards fan would know that.

Edited by Trisky

Mariners are 3 innings away from being no hit for the third time this season and twice within the last week.

Let's get that record boys.

Nevermind, the Mariners have once again disappointed me.

Edited by GrimTuesday

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Was it the same injury as a few days ago?

Well, yeah I suppose, it started on Sunday.  Have to say, I do enjoy it being referred to as "core pain."  I've had core pain all my entire adult life: