Myshkin

MLB 2019: The Good, The Bad, and The Mets

20 hours ago, Triskele said:

Has anyone noticed what has happened with the Seattle Mariners this season?  They are currently 26-40, so, fine, sort of a usual record for one of the worst teams in the game.  It's just that they were off to a crazy good start and had one of the best records three weeks in or so, so that means they have been truly and utterly shite since that hot start.  Watch the green turn to red on this page.  

ETA:  Three separate six game losing streaks during the collapse and a four-gamer as well. 

Hey man, we had those two 8-gamers and a 7 game streak in 2006 and still won the Series! I'll talk about that forever. The 2004 team felt like a juggernaut of a team that rolled over in the Series, then the 2006 team were the most up-and-down team I ever remember, and somehow kept winning post-season games.

Also, can't wait for another high 80s wins, third place team! The St Louis Cardinals Front Office: Quit Bitching, We'll Still Sell 3.4 Million Tickets And Hope For A Wild Card Again guys.

19 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Some of the names on that list are intriguing, I don't know why Greinke is included though. And some of these guys are on teams that are still in the hunt for the wild card.  Scherzer is pure fantasy obviously but I would love him. But the Yankees won't take on his money. It's awesome that they're competitive but I'm afraid that they're not going to spend what they need to get then over the hump. Ten years is too long without a trip to the World Series.

Certainly Greinke and Scherzer are not interesting and not plausible, respectively.  As for others still in the hunt, that's what I've been saying (and what Mike point out in the article).  Take Mike Minor.  The Rangers are actually in the hunt right now.  But it's quite possible they'll be looking to sell by the deadline.  Same goes for the Indians.  This is what I meant by letting the market play out.

Anyway, nice return last night for Didi, even if they lost.  Hopefully my worries about him not being ready are indeed entirely unfounded.  Also, Hicks looks like he's fully back now.

19 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

Hey man, we had those two 8-gamers and a 7 game streak in 2006 and still won the Series! I'll talk about that forever. The 2004 team felt like a juggernaut of a team that rolled over in the Series, then the 2006 team were the most up-and-down team I ever remember, and somehow kept winning post-season games.

Dang, I didn't remember that.  I do remember that team just barely sneaking into the playoffs but also that Rolen and some others got healthy just in time, so they did seem dangerous going into the post-season.  That was when Wainwright could throw 95!

5 hours ago, DMC said:

Certainly Greinke and Scherzer are not interesting and not plausible, respectively.  As for others still in the hunt, that's what I've been saying (and what Mike point out in the article).  Take Mike Minor.  The Rangers are actually in the hunt right now.  But it's quite possible they'll be looking to sell by the deadline.  Same goes for the Indians.  This is what I meant by letting the market play out.

Anyway, nice return last night for Didi, even if they lost.  Hopefully my worries about him not being ready are indeed entirely unfounded.  Also, Hicks looks like he's fully back now.

I like what I've seen from Didi so far. He looks like he hasn't missed a beat.

German to the DL with a left hip flexor strain, MRI on Monday.  Glad it's not his arm, but oye.

And he's been hiding it since they were in Kansas City, he must have thought he was helping the team by keeping it a secret. 

Our bullpen is fucking lights out today.  

Edited by Arch-MaesterPhilip

You guys jinxed Didi. Blow a 5-0 lead, then make 2 huge errors in the 9th for them to tie it. What a series by the whole team.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

Bumgarner throwing a tantrum again. He’s an angry fuck.

Muncy told him if you don’t wanna watch me trot you can go fish the ball out of the ocean.

Somebody shot David Ortiz in the back at a bar last night.  Hope he's alright - he's reportedly in stable condition after surgery.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Somebody shot David Ortiz in the back at a bar last night.  Hope he's alright - he's reportedly in stable condition after surgery.

I hear he is out of danger, it went through and missed his organs. And the crowd grabbed the guy and made a mess out of his face. He's going to have a bad time in prison.

16 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

You guys jinxed Didi. Blow a 5-0 lead, then make 2 huge errors in the 9th for them to tie it. What a series by the whole team.

I sure did. I'm less concerned about the error than I am about the fact that I haven't seen a post game tweet from him yet.

Both Stanton and Judge to start rehab assignments for Scranton tonight - both are reportedly in the lineup.  Stanton already went 4-7 with 3HRs in two games in Tampa (High A), he should be back with the Yanks by Monday.  Judge will reportedly be with Scranton for "slightly" longer.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's not back til the following Monday.  But, damn, that lineup's gonna look pretty damn scary if they can come back anywhere close to full strength.

1 hour ago, Demetri said:

How about those Braves?

There was definitely a narrative last year when they vaulted into the playoffs that they were an up-and-coming young team that had arrived more quickly than anticipated, and it feels like this year so far strongly suggests that it was no fluke.  

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

There was definitely a narrative last year when they vaulted into the playoffs that they were an up-and-coming young team that had arrived more quickly than anticipated, and it feels like this year so far strongly suggests that it was no fluke.  

The extent of their performance so far has surprised me and every projection system around. The addition of Kuechel and a little bit of clarity among the top 3 in the rotation should go a long way. A slight nudge in pitching could really move this team from playoff hunt to WS contender. If..we can get over our Dodger baggage..