Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Myshkin

MLB 2019: The Good, The Bad, and The Mets

Recommended Posts

My guy Paul DeJong goes for three homers and a double (and a HBP) tonight. Cardinals are hot right now - what a crazy ass season. I went to a game a week ago, we lost a nailbiter in the 9th, and I felt like we should sell off a vet or two, re-tool. There's zero chance that happens now, so I wonder if they'll be able to shore up some of the rickety walls. 

The deadline could be rather dull, I'd say, with the amount of teams still on a buy/sell bubble. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

My guy Paul DeJong goes for three homers and a double (and a HBP) tonight. Cardinals are hot right now - what a crazy ass season. I went to a game a week ago, we lost a nailbiter in the 9th, and I felt like we should sell off a vet or two, re-tool. There's zero chance that happens now, so I wonder if they'll be able to shore up some of the rickety walls. 

The deadline could be rather dull, I'd say, with the amount of teams still on a buy/sell bubble. 

 

STL is on fire all of the sudden which feels so overdue.  They really looked good on paper coming into the season but then had such a meh .500 first half.  

And what's weird about this streak is that almost everyone sucked first half but for Ozuna, but now this streak happens with Ozuna out.  Goldschmidt bombs in three straight games I think?  

Is there any update on Reyes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun fact:

Miami outfield just a few years ago was Ozuna, Stanton, and Yellich.  Jeebus if Ozuna is your distant third best.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex Reyes broke his pinky literally hitting a wall earlier this year, and is now rehabbing some pectoral injury on the 60 day injured list.

One of the sadder bits if the last decade as a big fan of developmental players. He was an absurdly dominant prospect for a hot second in between years of injury. I had high hopes he could pull a Joel Embiid and come back as a real force for the Cards. Maybe it's still in the cards but I feel like he is never even going to be a Jaime Garcia, putting up excellent pitching in brief stints between major injuries. 

Edited by Argonath Diver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few news items out of New York:

The Metropolitans are apparently "fully intent" on trading Noah Syndergaard. Asking price is reported to be something like a top 30 prospect and two or three other solid prospects. Though there seems to be some doubt that the Wilpons will sign off on any deal that doesn't bring back a ridiculous haul.

Troy Tulowitzki has official retired. What a bummer for him. When healthy dude was a beast, but he just couldn't stay on the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll believe the Mets will trade Thor when I see it.  I can't imagine anyone will offer them a package that's acceptable to ownership.

And yeah, too bad about Tulo.  Surprised he didn't ask the Yanks for his release so he could retire with the Rockies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the ESPN show I was listening to is correct (and that’s a big if because it’s Stugotz),  last night was history making. For the first time in MLB history, a player hit three homeruns on three consecutive days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DMC said:

I'll believe the Mets will trade Thor when I see it.  I can't imagine anyone will offer them a package that's acceptable to ownership.

And yeah, too bad about Tulo.  Surprised he didn't ask the Yanks for his release so he could retire with the Rockies.

I fear the Twins will be the team to make a ridiculous offer. We’ve got 7th and 11th prospects plus a top 50 pitcher who has been tearing it up (5-0, sub 2.00 ERA). And on top of that, we have a ton of other prospects the Mets might like. We badly need an ace, but we’re going to have to give up too much for a two year rental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I fear the Twins will be the team to make a ridiculous offer. We’ve got 7th and 11th prospects plus a top 50 pitcher who has been tearing it up (5-0, sub 2.00 ERA). And on top of that, we have a ton of other prospects the Mets might like. We badly need an ace, but we’re going to have to give up too much for a two year rental.

Thor's got 2 years of club control beyond this season. He's not a rental. But rest easy, the Mets appear to now be asking for an MLB ready arm to be part of the package, and I guess the Twinkies don't got one of those. Or at least not one as good as the Padres, Dodgers, Braves, and Yanks can offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way they trade him to the Yanks.  A fella can dream, but it's almost certainly false hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least the rotation is forcing Cashman to definitely make a move now. Fucking Paxton and the first inning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

If your walk-up song is Baby Shark your contract should be voided immediately. 

This begs the question, what would your walk-up song be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Myshkin said:

This begs the question, what would your walk-up song be?

Yours has to Dance Magic.  Just has to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a good comeback lined up Re: walk-up songs, but then Kenley had to go and give me a heart attack. Something's not right with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

I had a good comeback lined up Re: walk-up songs, but then Kenley had to go and give me a heart attack. Something's not right with him. 

Might be his heart.  Literally.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

 

Holy shit, WTF.  Was there an era before Jagged Little Pill?  This is some serious Janet/Paula stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Holy shit, WTF.  Was there an era before Jagged Little Pill?  This is some serious Janet/Paula stuff. 

Yup! This was the basis for Robin Sparkles and I love that Alanis 1.0 is this secret only Canadians seem to know. We also grew up like 2 miles from each other, though she's a few years younger than me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Yup! This was the basis for Robin Sparkles and I love that Alanis 1.0 is this secret only Canadians seem to know. We also grew up like 2 miles from each other, though she's a few years younger than me.

Robin Sparkles would be a really impressive board name or custom title.  

Man, I've learned a lot about the world through continued study, but these new insights into AM feel the most salient.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...