Sign in to follow this  
Myshkin

MLB 2019: The Good, The Bad, and The Mets

What a heartbreaker for my Redbirds. But at the end of the day you can't be mad about being swept by an organization as classy as Los Doyers.

Thrilling game between the Dodgers n Cards. Flaherty pitches another gem ruined by weak offense, alas.

As soon as Miller went on the mound I knew we werent going to hold it. Then Martinez' wild pitch and I think the entire stadium (and 300k viewers on the youtube feed) saw the inevitable. Dodgers are a fun team.

21 hours ago, DMC said:

Torres got pulled early tonight.  Fucking A man.  I swear they might have one of the three best records in baseball with primarily their Triple A lineup.  That's goddamn crazy.  Tauchman hit his third home run in the last two games.

It's crazy to think how much better they would be with only half the injuries.

This is pretty cool - Yanks and White Sox to play at Field of Dreams next year:

The New York Yankees and Chicago White Sox will play a game at the famed Field of Dreams in Dyersville, Iowa, on Aug. 13, 2020, the teams announced Thursday.

A temporary, 8,000-seat ballpark will be built at the site where the 1989 movie was filmed to accommodate the first major league game played in Iowa.

2 hours ago, Myshky said:

Muscle Martin, amirite?

I mean he's no Yadi, but you gotta give it to him for coming up clutch,

You guys,...Fryshky Myshky is kind of a mouthfull.  

Edited by Triskele

On 8/7/2019 at 3:20 PM, Argonath Diver said:

Thrilling game between the Dodgers n Cards. Flaherty pitches another gem ruined by weak offense, alas.

OK, Dude.  Flaherty's coming back to Earth of this year has been one of the disapoinitments, but lately he's dominating again, and it's glorious.

Sound like Reyes now has a fucking pec injury.  So frustrating.  

12 hours ago, Triskele said:

OK, Dude.  Flaherty's coming back to Earth of this year has been one of the disapoinitments, but lately he's dominating again, and it's glorious.

Sound like Reyes now has a fucking pec injury.  So frustrating.  

On the plus side, given his recent domination, he looks pretty much in line if you look over the course of the season.

Edited by Mexal

8 hours ago, Mexal said:

On the plus side, given his recent domination, he looks pretty much in line if you look over the course of the season.

These last few dominant starts have definitely helped.  The baseball references tells me he's down to 3.72 after last year's 3.34.

I think you all suck with the name changes which I'm sure is a hilarious inside joke but is generally confusing.  Boo to all of you.

I'm pretty sure I just saw a scoreline scroll by that said 23-2 Astros Orioles. But I've been out drinking so ...

21 minutes ago, Myshky said:

I'm pretty sure I just saw a scoreline scroll by that said 23-2 Astros Orioles. But I've been out drinking so ...

I saw a stat that the Yanks have beaten the O's ten times @ Baltimore this year and also that 17 different Yankees have homered against the O's specifically this year.  

Have 17 O's homered period?  

I'm only interested in two scorelines; the one that said PIT 1 - STL 3, and the one that said CHC 1 - CIN 10.

On 8/8/2019 at 5:45 PM, DMC said:

This is pretty cool - Yanks and White Sox to play at Field of Dreams next year:

Hopefully by this time next year, the White Sox will be contending for a wild card spot.

Far too difficult emulating The Goblin King. Anyways...

Dear Leader deserved to have his shutout intact. The bullpen just...gah.