Sign in to follow this  
Myshkin

MLB 2019: The Good, The Bad, and The Mets

16 hours ago, Myshkin said:

These unis suck. I’m watching the Dodgers play the Yankees and instead of seeing two of the most iconic uniforms in baseball I gotta put up with this shit.

Friend wanted to grab seats the other night and it was like "seats begin at $77."

Flaherty had another dominant start and has an ERA of 0.80 in his last eight starts.  Ozuna hit his 24th bomb, and he's missed some time.  Having really nice year.  Still insane to think that Miami's outfield was Ozuna, Stanton, and Yellich.  

The Vile are losing 5-1!  Go Nats!

23 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Someone better get fired over this

He likes to keep things interesting.  

21 hours ago, kairparavel said:

The white batting helmet bathed in pine tar looks fucking great on teevee. MLB you suck.

As I was saying...

18 hours ago, Triskele said:

He likes to keep things interesting.  

Yes, Kenley scares me every time he takes the mound. But I was actually talking about whoever came up with the player’s weekend uniforms. That person better get fired. Apparently the Dodgers petitioned the league to have at least one of their games against the Yanks played in regular unis, but were denied. The person who denied that request should also get fired.

12 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Yes, Kenley scares me every time he takes the mound. But I was actually talking about whoever came up with the player’s weekend uniforms. That person better get fired. Apparently the Dodgers petitioned the league to have at least one of their games against the Yanks played in regular unis, but were denied. The person who denied that request should also get fired.

Given how many teams violated the cap policy Friday every team could have abandoned this folly and that would have been the end of Player's Weekend. 

Nice series win for the Yanks, one more bad Jansen cutter away from a sweep.  Voit looks like he's ready to come back, 5 for 12 with a homer and two walks in his Triple A rehab stint.

On 8/25/2019 at 10:03 PM, DMC said:

Nice series win for the Yanks, one more bad Jansen cutter away from a sweep.  Voit looks like he's ready to come back, 5 for 12 with a homer and two walks in his Triple A rehab stint.

On 8/26/2019 at 1:00 AM, Ramsay B. said:

Another quality start and Judge heating up. I like it.

Judge getting hot now is just what the doctor ordered gents. 

2 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Judge getting hot now is just what the doctor ordered gents. 

Indeed - based on my napkin-math he's got a 1.242 OPS with 6 HRs in the last 10 games.  In general, it's really cool seeing Judge, Torres, and Sanchez in the middle of the lineup together carrying the offense (along with the mighty LaMahieu of course) - three guys that are basically homegrown.  (Yes, Torres is arguable as he was already a top 100 prospect in High A when they acquired him, but still - plus they almost signed him originally but the Cubs outbid em.)

56 minutes ago, DMC said:

Indeed - based on my napkin-math he's got a 1.242 OPS with 6 HRs in the last 10 games.  In general, it's really cool seeing Judge, Torres, and Sanchez in the middle of the lineup together carrying the offense (along with the mighty LaMahieu of course) - three guys that are basically homegrown.  (Yes, Torres is arguable as he was already a top 100 prospect in High A when they acquired him, but still - plus they almost signed him originally but the Cubs outbid em.)

Whatever Judge is doing is going to infect the rest of the order like a virus and they're all going to get hot, especially Voit and Stanton when they come back. I hope DJ wins the batting title.

I really hate that they make those details public. Nobody needs to know he went out like that.

Listen, you guys, I completely bagged on the NL Central a few weeks ago, and I stand by it. 

That said, hey my Cardinals have suddenly won a whole bunch of games lately, and we are 2 wins into this wild 5 games in three days stretch. Nice 9th inning comeback win for the home crowd on a double header. 

The Dodgers are a class above anyone else in the NL. They'll stomp their way into the Series against whichever two of the insane AL juggernauts win the ALCS game seven. Unless of course you have to face the Cardinals, in which case you'll certainly lose, because we've been taking your lunch money for awhile now. Just saying. 

Edited by Argonath Diver

14 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

Listen, you guys, I completely bagged on the NL Central a few weeks ago, and I stand by it. 

That said, hey my Cardinals have suddenly won a whole bunch of games lately, and we are 2 wins into this wild 5 games in three days stretch. Nice 9th inning comeback win for the home crowd on a double header. 

Their offense is so much better all of the sudden.  Fowler is kind of having sneaky good year now, and Ozuna and Goldschmidt are both hitting which is creating a pretty fearsome heart of the order.  

Carpenter has had a couple good games lately but is still having a terrible season overall unlike last year where he sucked for two months but then went crazy in the 2nd half.  

And Flaherty just continues to have a dominant start every time he goes out there.  Really looking at the moment like he and Hudson could be two really strong starters at the top of the rotation for the future.  Man, do they need one more starter though (like if Reyes wasn't cursed).  Wainwright's hanging on to being decent, but Wacha just gets shelled so often and has the 5+ ERA to prove it.

They tell me this Verlander guy is pretty good.  

On 8/30/2019 at 5:57 PM, Tywin et al. said:

I really hate that they make those details public. Nobody needs to know he went out like that.

If you mean the part where he choked on his vomit, sure. If you mean the part where he died due to overdose, accidental or otherwise, I disagree. Particularly if he was being supplied or assisted by a member of the Angels staff.

Kind of a thread derail, but one thing that I think should almost be a disclaimer on all opiate-related tough news like this is how the gap between the therapeutic dose and the overdose dose is so small.  And I say that meaning therapeutic both in the medical and recreational sense.  That's what makes opiates so dangerous, and I think that little bit of knowledge would go a long way.  

In much happier news, Cards sweep Reds in a comeback and have won nine of ten and are 3.5 ahead of The Vile!