The Last Fox X-men Thread - no spoilers

The Anti-Targ

1 hour ago, red snow said:

1 - Dark Phoenix is suggesting people might not turn up - even with the Feige charm so they may want to launch with the big guns.

Yeah, but that's an entirely different case- not only people knew the franchise was ending, Apocalypse was a massive disappointment, and this had even worse WOM and reviews, not to mention the delays. It's kind like thinking Batman & Robin meant Batman wouldn't work in movie anymore.

15 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well, there was The Gifted, which I heard was better then you would think.

Ohh I hated the gifted. I watched the first season because it had Amy Acker and she's always awesome, but I found almost every other character annoying. The kid who played Acker's son was easily the worst actor/character I've seen on tv in a long while. I also hated how sentinels were small cute little spider robots and we were suppose to be scared of them.

I think with Disney money the X-Men could do much better. The fact that there are plenty of human villains in the X-Men franchise can really help the show in the early seasons. I'm also not a huge fan of the X-Men being connected to anything else with Marvel. The world hating on mutants but loving the Avengers never made much sense to me.

Another thing i will note about the film, Sophie Turner was not bad by any means and her acting was better than it usually is in these but once again her accent is really very distracting. They should have just let her keep her natural accent

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Another thing i will note about the film, Sophie Turner was not bad by any means and her acting was better than it usually is in these but once again her accent is really very distracting. They should have just let her keep her natural accent

Yea her American accent isn’t great. They really should have just made Jean British.

5 hours ago, Heartofice said:

The main worry I have for any future X-Men is whether they cast them as adults or teenagers in a school

I think they'd be best doing the core X-men as adults but have students present to remind us it is a school (x2 and to a lesser extent x3 did this quite well). The MCU has yet to do a film centred around kids besides spider-man (who is joint owned) so i think we are relatively safe from a teen x-men film. I think we are far more likely to get a young avengers/champions if they decide to do a teen team film

5 hours ago, sifth said:

They really should have just made Jean British.

Never!  She's an overwhelming destructive and self-destructive force that can't keep herself from killing even her friends.  She's Murica all the way.

16 minutes ago, red snow said:

I think they'd be best doing the core X-men as adults but have students present to remind us it is a school (x2 and to a lesser extent x3 did this quite well).

Sorry for the DP, just wanna say I completely agree with this.  I think that's the ideal setup.  Now, who're the adults and who're the kids?  That can certainly be shuffled around.

5 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I think we're overthinking things here. The simple solution is to make a movie that isn't shit.

Which for all the griping about various entries into the MCU... they have never given us anything that I would classify as “shit.”  Even Incredible Hulk was really just a bit dull with some decent action set pieces.

47 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Which for all the griping about various entries into the MCU... they have never given us anything that I would classify as “shit.”  Even Incredible Hulk was really just a bit dull with some decent action set pieces.

Oh, I think Dark World is shit. But I mean thats 1 one what...23 films?

1 hour ago, red snow said:

I think they'd be best doing the core X-men as adults but have students present to remind us it is a school (x2 and to a lesser extent x3 did this quite well). The MCU has yet to do a film centred around kids besides spider-man (who is joint owned) so i think we are relatively safe from a teen x-men film. I think we are far more likely to get a young avengers/champions if they decide to do a teen team film

I disagree- start with them as teenagers not only allows the characters to grow, but it also avoids the question of what the hell were the X-men doing when Thanos, Loki and Ultron showed up, or why no one knows that mutants exist.

Plus, it avoids Wolverine in the first movie at least, which is best. Let him have his solo movies, maybe even be an Avengers, and join the X-men afterwards.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Never!  She's an overwhelming destructive and self-destructive force that can't keep herself from killing even her friends.  She's Murica all the way.

Hey now, the English have shown themselves very capable of this too with the Brexit debacle so you eat your words sir!

2 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

I disagree- start with them as teenagers not only allows the characters to grow, but it also avoids the question of what the hell were the X-men doing when Thanos, Loki and Ultron showed up, or why no one knows that mutants exist.

Plus, it avoids Wolverine in the first movie at least, which is best. Let him have his solo movies, maybe even be an Avengers, and join the X-men afterwards.

Yes, I think one of the issues is the timeline here. What were the X-Men doing all this time during the Avengers era? Hence the Magneto holocaust era discussion too. I can't really see a way to solve it unless you delay X-Men formation until present day and somehow retcon Magneto's past (which will be controversial). Or keep Magneto's holocaust origins, but have him somehow lose his powers for however many years and he's only just regained them.

Am I the only one who wishes/hopes they keep the X Men separate from everything else in the MCU? It's just too late in the game for mutants to just randomly start showing up out of nowhere. I mean for the whole mutant issue to just randomly happen in stage 4 or 5, yet pretty much be non existent in the series prior would just come off as stupid, IMO.

5 minutes ago, sifth said:

Am I the only one who wishes/hopes they keep the X Men separate from everything else in the MCU? It's just too late in the game for mutants to just randomly start showing up out of nowhere. I mean for the whole mutant issue to just randomly happen in stage 4 or 5, yet pretty much be non existent in the series prior would just come off as stupid, IMO.

Why not? You explain it away with genetic mutation beginning to manifest itself in the human population. That's how it's always worked. I suppose you could have a Phase 4 villain cause it like a Wild Cards style virus too with a massive and sudden outbreak. But it's entirely possible.

3 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Why not? You explain it away with genetic mutation beginning to manifest itself in the human population. That's how it's always worked. I suppose you could have a Phase 4 villain cause it like a Wild Cards style virus too with a massive and sudden outbreak. But it's entirely possible.

We're what now, 20+ films into this series and we're just to assume mutants have been a big deal on Earth this whole time and no one's talked about them once.............because reasons?

To be honest that just comes off as half assed to me.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

We're what now, 20+ films into this series and we're just to assume mutants have been a big deal on Earth this whole time and no one's talked about them once.............because reasons?

To be honest that just comes off as half assed to me.

Folks don't talk about mutants in the mainstream because mutants are repeatedly discriminated against and there's public indecision about whether it's justified so mutants don't exactly make themselves public.

Yknow, like a metaphor for racism and later homophobia.

Archived