The Anti-Targ

The Last Fox X-men Thread - no spoilers

I really don’t want them to be teachers in a school, mostly because that means there will be teenage mutants and teenagers are generally annoying in anything. 

That also means I really don’t want them to be teenager Xmen. 

Ideally i’d say you just start with some mid 20s OG characters who have been hiding out. Nobody wants to see an origin story and so just introduce their backstories subtly. 

And yeah really I don’t think it matters that much if some people wanna scream about  ‘ugh where were these guys when Thanos was rolling about’. As mentioned, there’s a ton of hand waving already, only internet oddballs get worked up about that stuff 

9 hours ago, DMC said:

I mean, really, when I think about it this whole discussion of "how are they gonna integrate the Xmen into the MCU in a way that makes sense" is farcical.  What about the MCU actually makes sense?  I'm not going to go over all 21 movies, that'd be exhaustive, but let's take the last two big ones - Infinity War and Endgame.  In Infinity War, why wasn't there a huge multinational air force ready to destroy the alien invaders?  Wakanda is presumably in Africa, and the US itself has enough firepower stationed in the Middle East to completely obliterate that ship within hours.  Same thing with Endgame.  Dr. Strange opens up those portals?  K.  The entire galaxy is against this guy.  They could easily destroy his army with overwhelming force.  But, they're comic book movies, so I just shrug and enjoy.  Which is what most people will do no matter how they introduce Xmen. 

Bottom line is if the films are entertaining people won't mind the continuity. It's when a film doesn't hold up well that the nitpicking becomes more of an issue. I think the time travel in endgame is BS but it's still a great action adventure with strong character beats so I'm cool with it. Whereas Ultron I'm less forgiving of.

The x-men films are a perfect example. Nonsensical continuity acceptable in first class and DOFP. Not acceptable in apocalypse as it's an awful film

18 minutes ago, red snow said:

The x-men films are a perfect example. Nonsensical continuity acceptable in first class and DOFP. Not acceptable in apocalypse as it's an awful film

I actually think the time travel in the X-Men movies is easier to tolerate because I can never remember what the hell happened in the last one and I find the whole franchise such a mess that my expectations are rock bottom.

13 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I actually think the time travel in the X-Men movies is easier to tolerate because I can never remember what the hell happened in the last one and I find the whole franchise such a mess that my expectations are rock bottom.

Yeah, they almost established that it doesn't make any sense and that we should try not to worry about it. 

If magneto "ages" as he has from the 60s to 90s in the fassbender era of films there won't be an issue with him not appearing 80+ in the MCU!