Extended Edition

beeeeeen

Just an idea... i quite liked the last season, but i did feel it was quite rushed sometimes, it didn't ruin my experience but anyway.
I've seen that there is a petition asking for HBO to remake season 8... i think it's dumb... however, don't you feel like asking for an extended edition release would be more realistic?
There are probably scenes that were cut in the editing room, and i understand that tv show have time constraints and the episodes were already pretty long, but for the dvd/blu-ray release there is no time constraint (other than the discs themselves).
What do you think about it?

2 hours ago, beeeeeen said:

I've seen that there is a petition asking for HBO to remake season 8... i think it's dumb... however, don't you feel like asking for an extended edition release would be more realistic?

All the signatories of the petition know very well that a remake is impossible. This is even clearly explained in the petitioner's text. The idea is to send a message to the writers, and frankly I thought it was obvious to anyone in their right mind.

Asking for an extended edition, now this is seriously dumb. Have you seen the IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes ratings? Who would watch more of that crap?

2 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

All the signatories of the petition know very well that a remake is impossible. This is even clearly explained in the petitioner's text. The idea is to send a message to the writers, and frankly I thought it was obvious to anyone in their right mind.

Asking for an extended edition, now this is seriously dumb. Have you seen the IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes ratings? Who would watch more of that crap?

A lot of criticisms say the season was rushed, an extended edition could solve the problem (if there are indeed important scenes that were cut).
And i'm sorry but making a petition while knowing it's impossible to remake the season is even dumber than i thought. But unfortunately a lot of peoples are crybabies it has always been the case, and internet has made it worse.
Now i will probably not bother answering you anymore, because i know we don't agree, i have no problem with that, but there is something agressive and hateful in you that i don't want to deal with.
So, as you say in France, "passez une bonne journée"
(to be honest i am french too)

I would love to see an extended edition and any bts footage.  I have never watched GoT on dvd or blue ray, only on HBO.  I would welcome it.  Now that all is done, I think I will purchase them on blue ray.  So I guess I would watch that crap!

49 minutes ago, beeeeeen said:

A lot of criticisms say the season was rushed, an extended edition could solve the problem (if there are indeed important scenes that were cut).
And i'm sorry but making a petition while knowing it's impossible to remake the season is even dumber than i thought. But unfortunately a lot of peoples are crybabies it has always been the case, and internet has made it worse.
Now i will probably not bother answering you anymore, because i know we don't agree, i have no problem with that, but there is something agressive and hateful in you that i don't want to deal with.
So, as you say in France, "passez une bonne journée"
(to be honest i am french too)

I think that is the big question. Did they cut all the important scenes with actual dialogue to help explain/expand the story and ending? Or are the scenes that were cut just more slow walking, staring, chair moving filler? Not having enough time was part of the issue, the other part was they didn't do enough with the time they had and left the actual meat of the story for the viewer to make up on their own. 

14 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Now that all is done, I think I will purchase them on blue ray.  So I guess I would watch that crap!

I have all seasons on replay for free thanks to OCS. I would hate not being able to re-watch seasons 1 to 6! 

Archived