Ask D&D

PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST

Answer the question above yours like you think D&D would & then ask ONE question

I was just thinking if I got to interview D&D what would I ask them? 

I thought it might be fun if we did like a pretend interview where the first person asks a question & the next person answers how they think D&D may answer before asking their own question. 

Make sense?

I'll go first:

Why did you have so many scenes with the Night King & Jon staring each other down if they were never going to fight? 

No. Why do you ask? 

If you were so overwhelmed and overextended, why didn't you delegate writing duties to other writers who would have loved the job? Or why didn't you just resign from the show altogether and pass the reigns to others? 

Did you intend Cersei to be a parallel to yourselves? Is that why you love her? Have everything start to fall apart, run everyone off, crash it into the ground, refuse to leave when faced with dragons (critics and fans), and then have your house of cards fall on your heads in the end after it was too late? Which one of you is Jaime and which is Cersei?  

Edit: missed the game part. 

He cared just about his family and had the hots later on for Brienne.  He came up with the story of his inner conflict to justify his action.

Tormend said something to Jon about Jon belongs in the North.  Did Bran send Jon North knowing that is where Jon wanted to be.

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Why in the world did the Dothraki charge the WW's?

Maybe it was a covert part of Dany's anti slavery campaign. Truth be told, Dany's whole arc may be about Iron Throne, but reality, she seems like karmic retribution for slavers.

Think about it :

Slavers Bay wrecked.

Euron's 1000 Ship Fleet incinerated (could you imagine all the people Euron would sell into slavery if he kept that fleet?)

Dothraki charged into extinction ( greatest slavers on land with no other viable trade other than sacking cities gone)

Remaining 4000 Unsullied now a zealous anti slavery force under Grey worm.

Also, to be honest, Dany had a big (if unintentional) part in Drogo's death (had he lived, he would have continued to sell innumerable people into slavery). 

Lastly, her destruction of the Golden Company took away the Iron Bank's primary debt collectors. It is strongly implied in the show that the IB secretly invests in the slave trade (against Braavos' hatred of slavery). So that's punishment for them.

13 hours ago, Br16 said:

Maybe it was a covert part of Dany's anti slavery campaign. Truth be told, Dany's whole arc may be about Iron Throne, but reality, she seems like karmic retribution for slavers.

Think about it :

Slavers Bay wrecked.

Euron's 1000 Ship Fleet incinerated (could you imagine all the people Euron would sell into slavery if he kept that fleet?)

Dothraki charged into extinction ( greatest slavers on land with no other viable trade other than sacking cities gone)

Remaining 4000 Unsullied now a zealous anti slavery force under Grey worm.

Also, to be honest, Dany had a big (if unintentional) part in Drogo's death (had he lived, he would have continued to sell innumerable people into slavery). 

Lastly, her destruction of the Golden Company took away the Iron Bank's primary debt collectors. It is strongly implied in the show that the IB secretly invests in the slave trade (against Braavos' hatred of slavery). So that's punishment for them.

I don't necessarily disagree but don't think D&D could come up with an answer near as coherent as yours 

On 6/7/2019 at 11:28 AM, Lollygag said:

Did you intend Cersei to be a parallel to yourselves? Is that why you love her? Have everything start to fall apart, run everyone off, crash it into the ground, refuse to leave when faced with dragons (critics and fans), and then have your house of cards fall on your heads in the end after it was too late? Which one of you is Jaime and which is Cersei?

:rofl:

Good game, @Lyanna<3Rhaegar! Answer the previous poster's "Ask D&D!" question, then post an "Ask D&D!" question of your own. I'll play!

Mmmmallright... "We kinda thought of Cersei and Jaime as Bonnie and Clyde. The movie Bonnie and Clyde, y'know - Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty. They were cool. The real ones were gross."

Question: What in seven hells did you do with Jaqen H'ghar?!

The million dollar question. Does Jon stay at the NW or does he go stay with the wildlings?

will Dany be revived as the dragon is heading to Volantis?

Will Arya die as she is implied to be heading in a direction no one has returned from?

On 6/9/2019 at 7:28 AM, Gendelsdottir said:

Good game, @Lyanna<3Rhaegar! Answer the previous poster's "Ask D&D!" question, then post an "Ask D&D!" question of your own. I'll play!

Mmmmallright... "We kinda thought of Cersei and Jaime as Bonnie and Clyde. The movie Bonnie and Clyde, y'know - Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty. They were cool. The real ones were gross."

Question: What in seven hells did you do with Jaqen H'ghar?!

Creatively it made sense to us that Jake Hack or whatever his name is would be looking for career growth from being stuck as some kind of temple priest. I mean, he can change his face, right? He can be whoever he wants. And, yeah, that actor and his accent were getting on our nerves, ok?

Next question: When the bells started to ring after Tywin was found dead (and Varys had just finished packing Tyrion in a barrel on the ship bound for Pentos and decided he had to stay on the ship as well), was King's Landing actually surrendering to Tyrion?

20 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

@Gendelsdottir

Jaqen H'ghar willingly returned himself to the Black cells because he feared SuperNinja!Arya so much. He may still be alive down there.

If Bran is omnipotent why did he not give some info to the rest of the gang in the fight against the NK? 

Ouch, apologies I didn't see this post.

Ok, let me answer this one and you have the next question in my post above anyway.

He thought everyone was exactly where they needed to be after having travelled the paths they travelled in order to always be where they were at any given point in time after having been wherever they needed to be immediately before that, because if they hadn't they wouldn't be the women and men that they are now, and wouldn't have been the women and men that they were before at any corresponding point in time. So, it's like a really cool thing, ok? 

And yeah, this way he gets to take out Theon for turfing him out of Winterfell and making him trek all that bloody way to that crummy cave, he makes Jon like a retard by screaming at a Zombie Dragon, so no one will ever offer him a king job again, and he gets Arya to leave the continent because now she has big time PTSD (she used to throw snowballs at him before the series started said someone who actually read the books, so we figured he would want to get rid off her too). Boom, so now he's king! The other people who died in the fight didn't bother him anyway.

1 hour ago, Ser Hedge said:

Next question: When the bells started to ring after Tywin was found dead (and Varys had just finished packing Tyrion in a barrel on the ship bound for Pentos and decided he had to stay on the ship as well), was King's Landing actually surrendering to Tyrion?

Quite all right, my good Ser! :)

Ah, the bells. It all started when the maester responsible for transcribing the Complete Guide to Campanology in Westeros omitted a key paragraph on the number of full-circle change repetitions to be rung for particular events. Ever since then, there has been confusion whether that exact change ringing sequence denotes Death of the Hand; Happy Hour at the Red Lion Pub; or Lay Down Your Arms and Surrender.

As-yet-unanswered questions:

20 hours ago, Vanadis said:

Why were there so many scenes with prostitutes in the first seasons, and none in season 8?

On 6/9/2019 at 5:43 PM, Kaapstad said:

The million dollar question. Does Jon stay at the NW or does he go stay with the wildlings?

will Dany be revived as the dragon is heading to Volantis?

Will Arya die as she is implied to be heading in a direction no one has returned from?

On 6/7/2019 at 8:42 PM, SeanF said:

Why did Bran appoint as Master of Coin, someone who doesn't know what a loan is?

Have at it, people. :D

7 minutes ago, Gendelsdottir said:

Quite all right, my good Ser! :)

Ah, the bells. It all started when the maester responsible for transcribing the Complete Guide to Campanology in Westeros omitted a key paragraph on the number of full-circle change repetitions to be rung for particular events. Ever since then, there has been confusion whether that exact change ringing sequence denotes Death of the Hand; Happy Hour at the Red Lion Pub; or Lay Down Your Arms and Surrender.

As-yet-unanswered questions:

Have at it, people. :D

Maybe Bronn had done an MBA between Seasons 2 and 8.

Archived