Jump to content

Ask D&D


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

Q. Did the Unsullied get killed by the demon butterflies of Naath??

Jacob Anderson said so in an interview.

Q. Which one of you had the idea to show the pimply cock of the young actor of Izembaro's troupe in Braavos?  What is the hidden meaning of this scene? 
Anyway, somewhere in the USA a writing teacher must be proud... :smug:

Edited by Nowy Tends
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...

@random girl from westeros

You are meant to answer the prior question in character as D&D before asking your own. :P

On 6/22/2019 at 4:31 AM, Nowy Tends said:

Q. Which one of you had the idea to show the pimply cock of the young actor of Izembaro's troupe in Braavos?  What is the hidden meaning of this scene? 
Anyway, somewhere in the USA a writing teacher must be proud... :smug:

Clearly, male and female nudity are equally titillating and common, and we wished to demonstrate this. Furthermore, the warty penis was clever commentary on how the clean, phallic Needle was increasingly tainted from its primary purpose as an instrument of revenge for Arya, who is an instrument of revenge.

12 minutes ago, random girl from westeros said:

When did Grey Worm get teletransportantion powers?

This was a plausible impossibility that we allowed in order to maximize dramatic satisfaction. Grey Worm is, after all, a commander of the Unsullied, who are skilled infantry.

 

Q: Why was the Night King immune to dragonfire, but vulnerable to weapons forged in dragonfire?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

Q: Why was the Night King immune to dragonfire, but vulnerable to weapons forged in dragonfire?

We needed to build this evil being as indestructible as possible. And we wanted to show his defeat in a dramatic way that dragonfire wouldn't allow. 

Q: After Jaime was stabbed several times by Euron, how fast did he run to find Cersei with such heavy plot armor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, GoldenGail3 said:

Why did you make Stannis kill shireen?

Because we don’t like him and GRRM told us that Shireen will burn. So we put two and two together.

 

I have a number of questions, but I’ll start simple: how is Daenerys still clothed after flying Drogon through a fireball in “The Bells”, when every other time Daenerys goes through fire she comes out butt-naked? That would have been a sight...

Edited by Angel Eyes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

D: We kinda wanted to show Dany as an empowered woman and nudity sorta undermines it...

D: ...also, we'de get a lotta heat for showing naked Dany *riding* ANYTHING, huhuhuh

D: YYeah! Yeah, yea, heh, hehheh, hehhe, hehheheh

(the crowd goes bananas)

 

Why did you show Tommen's suicide in a way it's bound to be ridiculed for weeks if not months?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, thi4f said:

D: We kinda wanted to show Dany as an empowered woman and nudity sorta undermines it...

D: ...also, we'de get a lotta heat for showing naked Dany *riding* ANYTHING, huhuhuh

D: YYeah! Yeah, yea, heh, hehheh, hehhe, hehheheh

(the crowd goes bananas)

 

Why did you show Tommen's suicide in a way it's bound to be ridiculed for weeks if not months?

 

 

 

Uh... because we felt King's Landing should live up to its name.

Why did Grey Worm allow Tyrion to speak? He explicitly says "You are not here to speak" and yet allows him to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2020 at 7:16 AM, Ghostlydragon said:

Because we forgot what happened 5 seconds ago.

Not a good practice. 

Why were the Northern Lords (including Sansa) so reluctant to ally with Daenerys in Season 7? At that point they only had one item that would stand a chance against the White Walkers: Longclaw. Talk about dying for pride.

Edited by Angel Eyes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Angel Eyes said:

 

Why were the Northern Lords (including Sansa) so reluctant to ally with Daenerys in Season 7? At that point they only had one item that would stand a chance against the White Walkers: Longclaw.

Because the northerners were just the latest people made very stupid by D&D for S7 onwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Ghostlydragon said:

Because the northerners were just the latest people made very stupid by D&D for S7 onwards.

In that case they were the first considering it was the season premiere.

Next question: If the Tyrells were so weak militarily, why didn’t Tywin force them to cough up their gold?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GoldenGail3 said:

Why did you make Brienne kill Stannis? Why? NO SERIOUSLY WHY? He was the last of Renly’s house! You made them extinct! Bad Brienne, bad.

It was ridiculous. Renly was never a rightful king. How did he qualify as that exactly? By calling his banners first?

 

So D&D. How much of book 4 did you read exactly? The recommended 'best bits' that you can find on any forum?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2020 at 12:53 PM, Ghostlydragon said:

It was ridiculous. Renly was never a rightful king. How did he qualify as that exactly? By calling his banners first?

 

So D&D. How much of book 4 did you read exactly? The recommended 'best bits' that you can find on any forum?

Add Book 5 into that, considering combining Sansa and Jeyne Poole. So not quite best bits.

Why did nobody use flammables during the Battle at Winterfell? That would have been a great visual, pouring burning oil on the wights and seeing a whole section go up in flames. And not like they didn't have flammables, as shown by the pyres at the beginning of the next episode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
On 7/4/2020 at 6:37 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Why did nobody use flammables during the Battle at Winterfell? That would have been a great visual, pouring burning oil on the wights and seeing a whole section go up in flames. And not like they didn't have flammables, as shown by the pyres at the beginning of the next episode.

R'hhlor was saving the fire because he knew he had to light all the Dothraki weapon thingies. Scythes or whatever they were.

Q: What colour were Daenerys' eyes supposed to be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2021 at 10:55 PM, FluffyWillow said:

R'hhlor was saving the fire because he knew he had to light all the Dothraki weapon thingies. Scythes or whatever they were.

Q: What colour were Daenerys' eyes supposed to be?

Well, uh, we knew that in the books, Dany's eyes are purple, but you see, even minor fantasy elements like glass candles, visions, dragonhorns, and anything from the books that would make Euron a credible villain are stupid. The only good things about fantasy are using the setting to fetishise rape and call it 'historically accurate' and giving every major culture a simple, stereotypical hat. So because everything else in fantasy is stupid, so are purple eyes. Sure, we had Emilia Clarke wear a wig and contracted her to have her tits out every other shot, but coloured contacts are one indignity we wouldn't allow.

Q: Supposing for a moment (and bear with me) that themes aren't for eighth grade book reports, what is the theme of Jaime's arc? Is it about a man rediscovering that incest is in fact wincest?

Edited by Beardy the Wildling
Clean up
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Well, uh, we knew that in the books, Dany's eyes are purple, but you see, even minor fantasy elements like glass candles, visions, dragonhorns, and anything from the books that would make Euron a credible villain are stupid. The only good things about fantasy are using the setting to fetishise rape and call it 'historically accurate' and giving every major culture a simple, stereotypical hat. So because everything else in fantasy is stupid, so are purple eyes. Sure, we had Emilia Clarke wear a wig and contracted her to have her tits out every other shot, but coloured contacts are one indignity we wouldn't allow.

Q: Supposing for a moment (and bear with me) that themes aren't for eighth grade book reports, what is the theme of Jaime's arc? Is it about a man rediscovering that incest is in fact wincest?

A: Oh, we decided that 3 years ago because the fans expected him to kill Cersei. 
 

Q: How does Sansa know Bran can’t sire children? Unless she’s been trying?...:wacko:

Edited by Angel Eyes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

A: Oh, we decided that 3 years ago because the fans expected him to kill Cersei. 
 

Q: How does Sansa know Bran can’t sire children? Unless she’s been trying?...

A: Well, you see, Bran the Fast Pass At Any Amusement Park learned from a Targaryen after an injury caused by Jaime, both of whom believed incest was wincest. Thus Bran proposed Sansa give it a try and it didn't work out.

Q: Was Jon patting Ghost in the last Episode a rushed retcon to appease angry fans? The animation looked awful recycled (and Kit Harrington looked awful tired).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

A: Well, you see, Bran the Fast Pass At Any Amusement Park learned from a Targaryen after an injury caused by Jaime, both of whom believed incest was wincest. Thus Bran proposed Sansa give it a try and it didn't work out.

Q: Was Jon patting Ghost in the last Episode a rushed retcon to appease angry fans? The animation looked awful recycled (and Kit Harrington looked awful tired).

A: What do you mean, he looks awful tired all the time.

Q: Put me into the idea behind the Charge of the Dothraki Brigade: why were they charging in, with no armor and with nothing to kill the wights until Melisandre arrived?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...