Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 2/16/2021 at 6:59 AM, Angel Eyes said:

Q: Put me into the idea behind the Charge of the Dothraki Brigade: why were they charging in, with no armor and with nothing to kill the wights until Melisandre arrived?

Well, we wanted to subvert expectations and we thought that it looked good. And so long as we weren't thinking about them surviving, they'd survive. 

Q: D&D, why the fuck were you on the greatest show of the 21st fucking century? It's not like you idiots had a clue about good writing, you just know how to adapt books better people have made. 

Edited by Jaenara Belarys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Well, we wanted to subvert expectations and we thought that it looked good. And so long as we weren't thinking about them surviving, they'd survive. 

Q: D&D, why the fuck were you on the greatest show of the 21st fucking century? It's not like you idiots had a clue about good writing, you just know how to adapt books better people have made. 

We read George's books, well kinda, up to a certain point, and thought we could totally do that in live-action, how hard could it be? We drew inspiration from how awesome our stories were in our Dungeons & Dragons sessions.

Q: As the show progressed, you've changed more and more of the story in the source material. So with that in mind, why did you bother to have a Dornish plot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Q: As the show progressed, you've changed more and more of the story in the source material. So with that in mind, why did you bother to have a Dornish plot?

We thought that if we had some more comedy and horny angry teenage girls, we'd draw more of an audience. 

 

What was going through your minds when you wrote the ending for the White Walker subplots? Did you really think it's realistic that one battle (with shitty battle tactics I might add) to kill off an army numbering over 100000 with a wight dragon? Why did you have a Mad Queen twist in TWO EPISODES?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2021 at 7:46 PM, Jaenara Belarys said:

What was going through your minds when you wrote the ending for the White Walker subplots? Did you really think it's realistic that one battle (with shitty battle tactics I might add) to kill off an army numbering over 100000 with a wight dragon? 

We were going for a realistic vibe with the White Walker ending. Unfortunately with all the hype and build up we realize we wrote ourselves into a corner and couldn't reasonably resolve the situation in one abridged season without looking silly. So we opted to cover that up and surprise everyone with the fan hype of Arya killing the Night King. So a lot of foreplay and build up leading to one unfulfilling spurt of an orgasm. Realistic right?

Quote

Why did you have a Mad Queen twist in TWO EPISODES?!

There has been ample foreshadowing for Dany's madness such as her torturing the slavers, wanting to burn Slaver's Bay and executing prisoners with dragonfire. However, this was too subtle for what we wanted in the end, so we opted to surprise the fans with her sudden shift into wickedness to force our protagonist Jon to act as he did. We felt having her massacre lots of innocents just because would justify Jon Snow in murdering her. Though we decided to throw in a Hitleresque speech afterward just to be sure. 

Q: Wouldn't Theon Greyjoy have made so much more thematic sense to be the one that killed the Night King?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Q: Wouldn't Theon Greyjoy have made so much more thematic sense to be the one that killed the Night King?

Well, we knew that we needed to kill him off, and we were considering ways of doing such. But then our children read over our work, said that it was horseshit and came up with how Theon died.

 

Why did the "Battle" of Meereen only have Dany burn a few ships? Why isn't there a Yunkish or Volantene army at the OPEN GATES of Meereen, sacking the city? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...