Sansa and the silver hair net

Gingin

I originally posted this in the wrong section: thank you moderators for deleting my previous thread, I’m really sorry!

Is it possible that all the “black amethysts” of the silver hair net contained the strangler? If so, do you think that Sansa still has it? According to ASOS:

She heard a faint rustle of leaves, and stuffed the silver hair net down deep in the pocket of her cloak.

Littlefinger makes her change clothes in the cabin of the ship, but maybe she still has them with her in the Vale and therefore she still has the poison too.

What do you think?

Another character who keeps things hidden in the pockets of her cloak is Melisandre. It would not surprise me at all if we are supposed to compare Sansa to Melisandre here. Of course, Melisandre's familiarity with the Strangler is well known.

Sansa's husband, Tyrion, also hides poison on his person, putting some mushrooms in the toe of his boot just in case he might need some poison at some point. It is strongly implied that he does use some of the mushrooms to hasten the death of Nurse, the slave overseer. (I wonder whether we are supposed to compare Nurse and Cressen?)

Not sure how either Melisandre's or Tyrion's hidden potions or poisons might foreshadow anything for Sansa, though.

Stupid board ate my post. 

Cliff notes:

Hair nets can be set any which way, so if there was only one stone, that raises the question as to how Olenna knew which stone to pluck. Shae set the net which certainly implies certain things... 

More stones being the strangler would be useful blackmail for LF should Sansa not go along as he'd like. 

2 hours ago, Ygrain said:

She most likely still does. But I don't think LF is going to be the one to use them :-)

I really hope so: the strangler could be really useful for Sansa against Littlefinger. Poor little bird... that man is so creepy.

1 hour ago, Seams said:

Another character who keeps things hidden in the pockets of her cloak is Melisandre. It would not surprise me at all if we are supposed to compare Sansa to Melisandre here. Of course, Melisandre's familiarity with the Strangler is well known.

This is really interesting, thanks for pointing it out!

Also: 

I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs.

The ghost of High Heart mentions “purple serpents”, she uses the plural... I really really really hope Sansa has this weapon with her!

6 hours ago, Lollygag said:

Hair nets can be set any which way, so if there was only one stone, that raises the question as to how Olenna knew which stone to pluck. Shae set the net which certainly implies certain things... 

Plus, they are many and all look the same. The best you might do would be making a line of them closest to the hem. There is really no way just one was the strangler.

12 hours ago, McGuv19 said:

Good idea! Maybe LF finds them and uses them to bump off Sweetrobin or someone else

LF was the one who supplied the hairnet in the first place, plus he provided the Strangler used to kill Jon Arryn.   I expect he has his own supply

15 hours ago, Gingin said:

Littlefinger makes her change clothes in the cabin of the ship, but maybe she still has them with her in the Vale and therefore she still has the poison too.

What do you think?

I think she still has the cloak,so probably still has the hairnet.

If she is going to use it against LF, though, she is going to need to know how to administer it, and how to tell if a stone is really the Strangler.  In other words, she is going to need help.  Where is where Arya could be useful.

13 minutes ago, Nevets said:

LF was the one who supplied the hairnet in the first place, plus he provided the Strangler used to kill Jon Arryn.   I expect he has his own supply

I think she still has the cloak,so probably still has the hairnet.

If she is going to use it against LF, though, she is going to need to know how to administer it, and how to tell if a stone is really the Strangler.  In other words, she is going to need help.  Where is where Arya could be useful.

It was Tears of Lys for Jon Arryn

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It was Tears of Lys for Jon Arryn

You are indeed correct.  My bad. 

I still suspect that he has his own sources for that sort of thing.  Plus, storywise, Sansa using it makes a lot more sense.

2 minutes ago, Nevets said:

You are indeed correct.  My bad. 

I still suspect that he has his own sources for that sort of thing.  Plus, storywise, Sansa using it makes a lot more sense.

Absolutely, just making a pedantic correction as usual :) only reason i remember is because when i first read i thought “huh, Tears of Lys, Lysa Arryn’s tears over LF and Robert Arryn as motive, bit on the nose.” Then of course i questioned how i didnt see it when it should have been so obvious :P 

4 hours ago, Nevets said:

The maesters seem to have these poisons on their shelves. Pycelle has it handy. It could easily have been stolen from one of the maesters and then put back. But as far as your point goes about LF having his own sources for this sort of thing, I can see it. The ship Merling King sure seems to be around an awful a lot whenever LF needs to go somewhere. 

As far as the hairnet goes, I'm assuming that someone like Olenna Tyrell would know the difference between a real and a fake stone just by looking at it.  

1 hour ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

I'm assuming that someone like Olenna Tyrell would know the difference between a real and a fake stone just by looking at it.  

Hardly, I'm afraid. Perhaps with some more usual gemstones, she might be able to tell if a ruby is a wee bit lighter or less shiny than it's supposed to be, but with uncommon stones so dark purple they look almost black, not a chance. This is what a hairnet looks like. The difference couldn't have been obvious, or else it would stuck out as a sore thumb. If the hairnet had some distinct pattern, then a stone could be identified by its position, but with a mere net, a row of stranglers closest to the hem is the best you could do. Never just a single stone.

7 hours ago, Nevets said:

If LF is indeed a keyholder of the Iron Bank, or even a major shareholder, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if his supply comes from the House of Black and White.

1 hour ago, John Suburbs said:

If LF is indeed a keyholder of the Iron Bank, or even a major shareholder, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if his supply comes from the House of Black and White.

I merely meant that given the sleazy, slimy kind of guy that he is, he probably has contacts that can provide him with such stuff.  He could also have leftovers he didn't use in the hairnet in his cupboard, as well.

Archived