Does someone succeed Jon? If so who?

I get the feeling even after the coup is quashed, that Jon’s declaration would be seen as more or less a “resignation” by most of the watch and their leadership. I think Jon himself recognizes it as such given he says he won’t ask his brothers to forswear they’re oaths and aid him in opposition to House Bolton and doesn’t think he could return to castle black and just resume his command.

But even many who suppose Jon in this instance did not break his oaths, think he will eventually leave the watch.

So who do think succeeds him? 

The majority of Castle black’s Stewards, seem in general to be firmly in align with Bowen’s sensibilities. So I would figure most would transfer their support for  Malister once Marsh is dealt with. He like Marsh is of noble blood, and a staunch traditionalist(possibly more-so). So I would suppose he should be the best contender. 

Aliser Thorne is the best choice but Bowen Marsh is also capable.  Jon practically abandoned his duties to rescue fake Arya.  I don't see why any sworn brother would have a problem with the assassination.  I do see why all of them would have a problem with what Jon did.  

It saddens me but Thorne is more than likely dead.  Jon sent him out on a bad mission.  Command will fall on Bowen and the other officers of the watch.  I hope they can deal with the Wildlings and get the watch back in order.  

We actually have an active thread on the exact same topic running in parallel. "Who will be LC after Jeor and Jon were killed .....". Of course, anyone is free to post wherever they like .... just sayin'

Archived