Who got the most screwed over

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

And, they missed the GRRM's point entirely.  "He's the villain, but we all love a good villain."

I've never known anyone watch Richard III and not to be rooting for the titular character.

I think that D&D’s Richard III was Stannis (And just one of four characters that GRRM based off of Richard III; the others were Tyrion, Ned Stark, and Theon Greyjoy). He was the one they wanted as the villain, but I rooted for him.

3 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

I think that D&D’s Richard III was Stannis (And just one of four characters that GRRM based off of Richard III; the others were Tyrion, Ned Stark, and Theon Greyjoy). He was the one they wanted as the villain, but I rooted for him.

Yes, which shows how much they misunderstood him.  Martin said of Stannis "despite everything, he is a righteous man" which Tyrion is not.

20 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Yes, which shows how much they misunderstood him.  Martin said of Stannis "despite everything, he is a righteous man" which Tyrion is not.

I also might add that one of them (I’m not sure which) has said that they just don’t like Stannis.

Archived