House Stark Incest

McGuv19

On 6/7/2019 at 4:26 PM, McGuv19 said:

So I was reading AWOIAF family trees at the back and looked at House Stark. Cregan Stark’s son by his second wife (who was also a Stark), named Edric, married Cregan’s granddaughter(Serena) by his third wife. So Edric basically married his niece!

Secondly, we have Cregan’s other son Jonnel, who married Serena’s sister.

But that’s not all! Let us take Lord Beron Stark, he had 7 kids. 2nd son Willam married and fathered Edwyle. 7th son Rodrik married and fathered Lyarra. Then Edwyle fathered Rickard, and Rickard married Lyarra! This is also the same Rickard burned alive by Aerys (Ned’s dad). 

So to recap we have two cases of uncle marrying niece (or half niece or whatever), and one case of woman marrying her cousin’s kid. And Cregan’s wife was a Stark too, but it isn’t made clear if she is from main branch or not. This is only in the past 11 generations of House Stark as well, so R’hllor knows how much incest there has been before then.

Thanks for reading :) 

Sexual relations within the kin is understandable because they want to marry nobles to nobles.  The North has low population.  You might also look into one of the more popular theories, Lyanna and Brandon were having sex and Jon is the result.

13 hours ago, Centurion Piso said:

You might also look into one of the more popular theories, Lyanna and Brandon were having sex and Jon is the result.

Where is this “one of the more popular theories”? :lmao:

On 2/8/2020 at 9:08 PM, Centurion Piso said:

Sexual relations within the kin is understandable because they want to marry nobles to nobles.  The North has low population.  You might also look into one of the more popular theories, Lyanna and Brandon were having sex and Jon is the result.

Literally impossible. Before Ned finds Lyanna he ends the Seiege of Storm's End.  The siege of Storm's End was around a year, before that there were multiple battles from Robert in the Vale, Stormlands and Reach, before that Aerys called for the heads of Robert and Ned, before that Rickard and Aerys were executed, before that Aerys was in Winterfell, summoned to court, before that Brandon was arrested in Kings Landing, before that Lyanna went missing.

For Jon to be the son of Brandon Stark this would make him over a year older than Robb. I'm pretty sure that Cat and the women of Winterfell are not going to be able to see the difference between a child around the same age as Robb and a child a year older.

Jon is yet to be 15 when we are introduced to him

Stupidly, Jon argued. "I'll be fifteen on my name day," he said. "Almost a man grown."

While Robb is already 15

"Grey Wind was restless too," Robb said. His auburn hair had grown shaggy and unkempt, and a reddish stubble covered his jaw, making him look older than his fifteen years.

And turns 16 a few months later

"Robb was sixteen a few days past . . . a man grown, and a king.

Archived