Follow this link

Parris

Begin?

The fantasy casting has been going on for the past 5 years or so:p

Seriously, awesome news:)

Yeah, but now we can get serious about it - after all, I wanted Rutger Hauer to play Damon Julian in Fevere Dream when George wrote it, but Rutger's a little long in the tooth now to play an immortal vampire.

I want Daneil Day Lewis to play Ned.

But then, I've always been a dreamer.

Yeah, this is great news, but just remember that one of a thousand projects gets to film.

Yeah, but now we can get serious about it - after all, I wanted Rutger Hauer to play Damon Julian in Fevere Dream when George wrote it, but Rutger's a little long in the tooth now to play an immortal vampire.

I want Daneil Day Lewis to play Ned.

But then, I've always been a dreamer.

Yeah, this is great news, but just remember that one of a thousand projects gets to film.

Daniel Day Lewis would make a great Ned, but I regret to inform you I have have already been cast. If it makes you feel any better, my name is Daniel. ;)

Good God no.....unless it's as Waymar Royce and he gets to die in the first few minutes.

(can't stand him, and he cannae act worth a damn)

Word.

ETA: I can allow myself a bigger squeeeeeeeeeeeee now.

From the little I've seen of Clive Owen, the only thing he has going for him is the cleft in his chin. Friends worked as stunt actors on one of his films, and he was not a very friendly person to people working on the set.

too bad he's too old to play Theon, it would be nice to see him flayed.

George'll be putting up a post on Not a Blog sometime today with all the information he can give out at this time.

I can tell you he'll get a producer credit, and will probably write at least one episode, but he will NOT be going out to Hollywood for any length of time, and it's really in the hands of the writers, directors and producers for HBO now.

I can say that for US fans, it might be nice if you wrote HBO and told them how excited you are to hear the news that they've bought an option for the series.

As you all know, we love many series on HBO, Rome, Deadwood, the Wire, the Sopranos, (even the non-occult bits of Carnivale were worth worth watching). Let's hope that HBO will create a series from AGOT that will be in their top rank of productions.

As you all know, we love many series on HBO, Rome, Deadwood, the Wire, the Sopranos, (even the non-occult bits of Carnivale were worth worth watching).

Actually I thought Carnivale's occult bits were one of the best things HBO's done. That said, this obviously could be very cool and somehow I doubt HBO will blow this one off. The first decent Fantasy series on TV. When first we only had Xena and Hercules.

That's really exciting stuff. Congrats to GRRM. It looks like he's come full circle back to Hollywood again. Now hopefully he gets to be one of the guys sitting behind the table listening to the ideas of producers, directors, screenwriters and etc. deciding how the story will be made into live action. I hope they give him truckloads of money too.

Archived