Follow this link

Parris

That's what I'm banking on - I'm waiting for that knock on the door and the charges for stalking - can you be charged with stalking a company :unsure:;)

"HBO execs sue BWB for stalking--full news at eleven!" :P

Seriously, we may be stalkers, but we're harmless...well, mostly harmless.

(Can I just say that not even the killer flu I'm fighting off can slow my fangirl glee, btw?)

That's what I'm banking on - I'm waiting for that knock on the door and the charges for stalking - can you be charged with stalking a company :unsure:;)

I would have thought a tv company would actually welcome stalking. Maybe I'm wrong. :unsure:

Remember, folks: the books can't be mucked up. They'll still be there, on your shelf, pristine and untouched. ;)

This valuable lesson we learned from Roger Zelazny. Many years ago, his Damnation Alley was made into a very very very bad movie. There were a few recognizable shapes of his original story, but man, did that movie suck. It's not even a 'good' bad movie, one you can fire up on Bad Movie night, with a bowl of popcorn and a six pack of bheer by your side.

Roger took the money, and created a wonderful office space at his home with it. On the back of the door leading from his new office to the main house, he had a poster of Damnation Alley, and once referred to the office as 'the office Hell Tanner built'. Once when talking about the movie, he said that it didn't matter in the long run, his story was still out there and available to folks who wanted to read it, the movie didn't change his story, that was still just as he wrote it.

When we first saw Mad Max we called him up and told him somebody had finally made a good version of Damnation Alley.

Look folks, it's inevitable that there will be changes, compression, the melding of minor characters, the loss of minor story lines, if this series is ever made for HBO or any studio. It's in the nature of transferring the story from one media to another. The question is how good with the adaption be, will the writers respect the source material, and just how much can they cram into 12 one hour shows. For those who saw the original (shudder) Dune movie, which had characters jumping onto the screen for a minute or two - 'Hello Paul, I'm Duncan Idaho and I'm off to die now' or Linda Hunt's 30 second appearance as the Shadout Mapes - and then disappear never to be seen again, you can understand that sometimes one can't be totally true to the source material and still create a good movie or tv series.

The books will continue to exist, and will endure.

Can I play Arya?

sorry darling, I know a bright and beautiful 8yr old who has a hidden dark streak that would be perfect as Arya, and her brother would be a terrifying Wildling child, or a very charming Tommen, depending on his costume and what weapons you put in his hands.

If it ends up being shot in Europe, I'll need to buy a horse and get myself a spot as a riding extra. It'll just have to be a not-too-large horse, given my fear of heights. ;)

Hmm ... I wouldn't mind an Arabian ... ;)

If it ends up being shot in Europe, I'll need to buy a horse and get myself a spot as a riding extra. It'll just have to be a not-too-large horse, given my fear of heights. ;)

Hmm ... I wouldn't mind an Arabian ... ;)

I thought of that, they always need professional extras, but there isn't much cavalry in the whole story, is there? :unsure:

sorry darling, I know a bright and beautiful 8yr old who has a hidden dark streak that would be perfect as Arya, and her brother would be a terrifying Wildling child, or a very charming Tommen, depending on his costume and what weapons you put in his hands.

:cry:

Ok, can I at least be Tryion?

Cavalry? Ladies, all you need are some bells in the hair, mustachios, and bare chests beneath vests and you might be suitable for Dothraki screamers. ;)

Me, my sights are set low! If a part for, 'Arianne's Anonymous Dornish Lover #2' is solicited, I may well audition.

Cavalry? Ladies, all you need are some bells in the hair, mustachios, and bare chests beneath vests and you might be suitable for Dothraki screamers. ;)

Well, sans moustache though, I can at least ride any pace with short stirrups without falling off. I'd never tan that much if you put me in an oven though :lol:

I may be a bit tall (5'4) but I'm otherwise ugly and rude and good with an axe, so may I be Tyrion? I promise not to wear a lampshade on my head.

Big congrats to George et al for the deal. As with others, $$ set aside for many beers should events bring them to Perth.

Archived