Will the seasons be fixed

I feel like this topic may have come up before, but I couldn't find any trace of it, so I'm making a new one.

By the end of Book 7 (or 8) will the seasons in Planetos be returned to year long cycles, as it is implied they could have been in the distant past? I have always assumed this would be the case.

I think yes, the winter is more than enough to kill everything if it is supposed to last for a generation. Moreover, it seems like the winter and the Long Night are not supposed to end at all without some intervention. So this needs to be addressed.

That said the seasons would not necessarily need to be fixed. They could simply return to the previous condition.

My pet theory is that the Prince that was Promised/ Azor Ahai aka Dany, Jon and one more individual, possibly their child are going to be sacrificed to fix the seasons. 

8 hours ago, Ser Arthur Hightower said:

I was surprised that the XXXXXX didn't seem to touch on this topic at all.

From the forum rules:

"As the show goes out, we want to be clear on our policy regarding spoilers for the benefit of all users.

We understand that developments in the TV show may or may not turn out to be relevant to the plot of future books. Accordingly, they may or may not be spoilers for future books. Our policy on this is precautionary and is an extension of our existing policy on show/book discussion. Discussion of the show should go in the show forums: this includes discussion of plot points from the series, and whether they tell us anything about the future direction of the books.

At the same time we recognise that there are users who are not watching the series and prefer to remain unspoiled. This may or may not prove possible in the long run, but we prefer not to make it any harder.

This means that no show spoilers of any kind should be posted in the book forums. No hints, no speculation, nothing. Any breach of that rule will result in a suspension: no excuses and no exceptions."

21 minutes ago, the Other Wolf said:

From the forum rules:

"As the show goes out, we want to be clear on our policy regarding spoilers for the benefit of all users.

We understand that developments in the TV show may or may not turn out to be relevant to the plot of future books. Accordingly, they may or may not be spoilers for future books. Our policy on this is precautionary and is an extension of our existing policy on show/book discussion. Discussion of the show should go in the show forums: this includes discussion of plot points from the series, and whether they tell us anything about the future direction of the books.

At the same time we recognise that there are users who are not watching the series and prefer to remain unspoiled. This may or may not prove possible in the long run, but we prefer not to make it any harder.

This means that no show spoilers of any kind should be posted in the book forums. No hints, no speculation, nothing. Any breach of that rule will result in a suspension: no excuses and no exceptions."

I was vaguely aware of this but hadn't kept up to date very well so assumed something like that would be okay, thanks for informing me otherwise.

Just to point out, when informing someone that a part of a post violates a rule, probably don't quote that part that that violates said rule, because now I have edited it, my post is compliant and yours is not.

12 hours ago, Ser Arthur Hightower said:

I feel like this topic may have come up before, but I couldn't find any trace of it, so I'm making a new one.

By the end of Book 7 (or 8) will the seasons in Planetos be returned to year long cycles, as it is implied they could have been in the distant past? I have always assumed this would be the case.

I've always wondered about the possibility of the seasons going back to 'normal' in an endgame for the books.  I remember my first copy of AGOT had a summary on the back about 'something' setting the seasons wrong in the world, and while not much is mentioned about how and when the seasons were normal in the books themselves, that little blurb on the book always has stuck in my mind. 

I'm guessing the answer lies in whether or not magic is totally eradicated from the world or not, or........will it only appear to be so?  Or will some type of balance in magic without it disappearing allow the seasons to return to some state of normalcy?  As usual, I entertain too many possibilities to pick one possible outcome, LOL 

Archived