Video Games: Keanu Re3ves Is Breathtaking

KiDisaster

I bought a couple of indie games lately: What remains of Edith Finch; and Firewatch.

I finished Edit Finch in one sitting. It was a nice one and done adventure. I'm really not into first person perspective, but for this game I was OK with it.

Having played Edith Finch and been OK with the FPP I decided to pick up Firewatch. Haven't started playing it yet but I hope to get a few hours spare soon.

I do think it's important to support AAA SP games, but I feel like playing the good indie single player titles is also important. The last AAA single player title I bought was Xcom 2, I guess it's a AAA game because it's not an indie game.

Had to abandon my replay of Max Payne 3. Not sure how I got through it the first time, but the constant interruption of the gameplay for cutscenes is beyond ridiculous and the game's absolute revelling in the slaughter Max unleashes, compared to the first two games' use of it to show that Max is seriously fucked up, is absurd. The game is about 66% cutscene to 33% gameplay, which is really unacceptable.

Firing up Phantom Doctrine instead.

Archived