Did Ellaria Sand know Elia Martell?

swidler

Was it ever stated when Oberyn had met Ellaria, or if she had ever met his sister? I've been curious about this, whether or not Ellaria knew Elia Martell at all, or if she just knew how important Elia was to Oberyn.

I originally just assumed it was the latter because all of Oberyn's bastard daughters with Ellaria (Obella, Dorea, Loreza, and Elia Sand) were born after Elia Martell's death. But I know this doesn't necessarily mean that was the case. So does anyone know if it's ever been established whether or not Ellaria had ever met Princess Elia? 

What is stated is that Oberyn not available for the Rebellion being in Esso as a sellsword for the Second Sons, plying the dark Arts or possibly the Citadel. It is highly unlikely that Elia would have known or even met Elleria as Elleria is from Lys and would also have been inn Esso at the time.

34 minutes ago, Gerg Sknab said:

It is highly unlikely that Elia would have known or even met Elleria as Elleria is from Lys and would also have been inn Esso at the time.

It's possible that Oberyn and Ellaria met in Essos since that would fit the birth of their oldest daughter. But is it established besides something Shae told Sansa that Ellaria is at least half Lyseni?

Shae had told her that this Ellaria worshiped some Lysene love goddess. "She was almost a whore when he found her, m'lady," her maid confided, "and now she's near a princess." 

But who's to say she didn't past history with the Martells, being the daughter of a Dornish bannerman?

24 minutes ago, All Things Ice and Fire said:

It's possible that Oberyn and Ellaria met in Essos since that would fit the birth of their oldest daughter. But is it established besides something Shae told Sansa that Ellaria is at least half Lyseni?

But who's to say she didn't past history with the Martells, being the daughter of a Dornish bannerman?

Whoops, I'm wrong Elleria is the daughter of Harmen Uller of Hellholt a pretty notable bannerman so I suppose there is the distinct possibility she and Elia met.

Archived