Big Little Lies: Throwing Shade with Style [season 2 spoilers]

HexMachina

I liked this season quite a bit. Disliked some parts, especially the voodoo vision stuff, not needed.  I liked the resolution with the vow renewal and him immediately striking down the big party aspect of it.  Dern killed it all season, didn't like her in S1 much but this season was much better for her.  Obviously Streep made the season. It's clear why she gets nominated for awards for everything she does.

Are we assuming there is a S3 or was it announced? I mean it would make sense now to do it since they are all entering the station at the end. Would give all next season for it to play out and end the series.

On 7/25/2019 at 3:20 AM, dbunting said:

I liked this season quite a bit. Disliked some parts, especially the voodoo vision stuff, not needed.  I liked the resolution with the vow renewal and him immediately striking down the big party aspect of it.  Dern killed it all season, didn't like her in S1 much but this season was much better for her.  Obviously Streep made the season. It's clear why she gets nominated for awards for everything she does.

I'd agree with this. I thought the subplot with Bonnie's mother was painful, but other than that I liked most of the rest of the season. Streep was a great addition to the cast.

On 7/25/2019 at 3:20 AM, dbunting said:

Are we assuming there is a S3 or was it announced? I mean it would make sense now to do it since they are all entering the station at the end. Would give all next season for it to play out and end the series.

From what I've read there isn't a third season planned at the moment, although they're not ruling it out in the future. I'm not sure a third season is really going to add much to the story.

I binge watched the second series over the last few days and I'd say it was a bit of a disappointment. Meryl Streep was good, obviously, and Renata smashing stuff was fun but it didn't feel like there was much of a point in there being a second season. Also I ended up feeling sorry for Nathan which was a bit of a surprise.

I finally made time to watch this and I liked it. A LOT.

It is like rewatching all those family drama shows and understanding how f**ked up people can be. Streep and Kidman were absolutely amazing and Dern was hilarious. When she started smashing things, I was all "Go get him, girl" :D

IDK whether there is going to be a season 3, not sure whether they can milk any more of  "Monterrey Five" but I would continue watching the show if it goes in another direction. 

Archived