The purpose of Dany's fireproofness?

Ygrain

15 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

I wouldn't know, I don't have any tools which can only be used once :D

You're a much better person than I am. I always tend buy really bad knives that get dull cutting through butter.. I never learn.

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Perhaps because that wasn't George's story?

18 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

Having Sansa raped by Ramsay wasn't George's story, either :P

I think we can all agree that the 'George's story' ship had long sailed :P

On 6/11/2019 at 12:01 PM, Ygrain said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the show version of fireproof Dany was utilised exactly twice - burning teh evul mage who wanted to steal her dragons, and khal barbecue (discounting the pyre, as that was both book and show). Those were quite cool scenes, but in the grand scheme of things, rather irrelevant. Couldn't - and shouldn't - this special abilities have been used somewhere towards the finale? Say, Dany facing NK and Jon deciding for "the end justifies the means" and sprays them both with dragonfire. The following scene between Jon and Dany would have a lot of potential: "Hey, Jon, you knew I was fireproof?" - "Er...."

ETA: I basically made this thread for brainstorming how Dany's fireproofness could have been utilised, so... any ideas?

Having her cow the Dothraki into submission by burning them with Drogon would make her look bad, but having her only gather the evilest Dothraki in one place and burning them herself made her look good and empowered for not relying on her dragon at all times. Plus it mirrored her season one ending with the Dothraki thinking she was special and what not instead of fearing her.

• 1 month later...

Enhance her belief in her messiah complex (surviving fire when nobody else can, birthing dragons, red priests worshipping her as Azor Ahai) so that when she gets to Westeros and doesn't get worshipped or get the love fAegon has she completely loses her shit and burns people. Turns out, she isn't even the Messiah, but the threat humanity has to relinquish. Brilliant concept. Complete deconstruction of the chosen one trope.

Archived