Writing awards for D&D!

Dokivi

1 hour ago, Dokivi said:

So there's this:

https://www.tvguide.com/news/hbo-game-of-thrones-emmys-submissions/?fbclid=IwAR0XeZziQZUFtjiFqA76TOYFzX2qzq2J5BS-8zEnKcY1GvgNt8bphM0d43M

Just FYI. HBO nominated D&D in WRITING category for the final episode.

This is hilarious. I can't even.

Best episode ever! Better than everything before it!

On 6/12/2019 at 12:44 PM, Kaapstad said:

There is no way any episode of Season 8 deserves this award over Chernobyl. S8 was a dumpster fire in comparison. 

At Emmys, GoT and Chenrobyl are in different categories. GoT is considered Drama and Chernobyl a miniseries. 

On 6/11/2019 at 2:26 PM, Dokivi said:

I believe they want to keep up appearances. This episode is ranked 4.2 at IMDb, a major underperformance probably unique in HBO's history. D&D's pictures still come first when you Goggle "bad writers", people are still ranting on social media, etc.

The reasoning being: it can't be that bad, since the company thinks it's worth a nomination…

It's too bad for Bryan Cogman…

2 hours ago, Sigella said:

Oooh, fingers crossed they will get tf BOOO'ed off the stage! :rolleyes:

They won't be on stage because they won't win anything. I have little knowledge of Hollywood "customs and traditions", but I doubt that a ceremony of this magnitude can afford such humiliation.

Will their names be booed when they are mentioned? I hope so!  They deserve it!:angry2:

13 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

They won't be on stage because they won't win anything. I have little knowledge of Hollywood "customs and traditions", but I doubt that a ceremony of this magnitude can afford such humiliation.

Will their names be booed when they are mentioned? I hope so!  They deserve it!:angry2:

Yeah, it would be the next best thing after tar and feathers :)

i liked the last episode, eventhough i think it had some weaknesses, i really liked the last season of game of thrones, but of all thoses six episodes, i strongly disagree that the last one is the one that would deserve a writing nomination... episode 2 however....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 12:58 AM, Nowy Tends said:

Regarding Episode 6 they might create a package "best bad writing + best bad dialogs + best bad cinematography"?

Rather like the Bad Sex Award, for the most embarrassing sex scene in a book.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:26 PM, Dokivi said:

So there's this:

https://www.tvguide.com/news/hbo-game-of-thrones-emmys-submissions/?fbclid=IwAR0XeZziQZUFtjiFqA76TOYFzX2qzq2J5BS-8zEnKcY1GvgNt8bphM0d43M

This is hilarious. I can't even.

Surely the Emmy's board will watch said episode and instantly cross the nomination off.

Archived