Are there any characters you don't like their names?

asongofheresy

2 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Timothay, since GRRM prounounces it sir-say.

I don't care for the name Euron.

Lol Timothay the Kingslayer. Sounds like some kind of bandit xD

I actually like the name Jaime a lot. Nice sounding, and I like the way it's written too, similar to "J'aime" in French which means "I love".

I hate the sound of some Greyjoy name : Balon, Quellon, Quenton...But Euron, Victarion and Aeron somehow sound fine to me. Guess I have a thing for the "r".

All and all, I'm glad this book doesn't have some "obviously evil" name. Also, similar name, name sake, name trending, naming pattern,... Quite interesting and like in real life. I love it.

On 6/23/2019 at 10:10 AM, chi7p1 said:

I hate the sound of some Greyjoy name : Balon, Quellon, Quenton...But Euron, Victarion and Aeron somehow sound fine to me. Guess I have a thing for the "r".

Balon is passable, but Quellon is so cringy and forced. 

6 minutes ago, Jova Snow said:

There was an Aerion, and Aenar but never Aeron. Similar yes but not same, Daegon the Shepherd, another Iron Islander has an extremely Targaryen name too and he is a shepherd to boot. 

No Targaryen, but for sure a valyrian was named like that. Aegon, Aemon, Aerion etc are really similar. Probably Quellon named him like that to please the mad king as he wanted to link with the greenlands

1 hour ago, Baelor 'Breakspear' said:

No Targaryen, but for sure a valyrian was named like that. Aegon, Aemon, Aerion etc are really similar. Probably Quellon named him like that to please the mad king as he wanted to link with the greenlands

That's a behavior expected from Freys, Quellon might be close to greenland customs but that could be influence of Riverlands on House Hoare. 

5 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

There was an Aerion, and Aenar but never Aeron. Similar yes but not same, Daegon the Shepherd, another Iron Islander has an extremely Targaryen name too and he is a shepherd to boot. 

There was an Aeryn. He got edited out and replaced with the first Princess Daenerys (bumping our Dany to third Daenerys). 

• 2 months later...

Archived