Is there any chance of Arya coming back alive to Winterfell?

Kaapstad

Now I know she kept saying she won’t return but do you think she could return after say 10-20 years at sea? Or did the show really foreshadow her death? West of Westeros is Asshai and Stygai,the Shadowlands which is literally hell on Earth with mysterious creatures and dragons. Elissa set sail with 3 ships, only 1 was found near Asshai in a battered condition and no one ever saw her ever again. Arya has zero sailing experience and is sailing with 1 ship. What are her chances of survival? Imo zero. 

One other thing which doesn’t make sense is how did she find a crew ready for sailing with her on this suicide mission? She may be ready to die but how could she find a crew willing to do the same? The only way would have been to give them a shit ton of money and even then what’s the point of money if they are going to never return from where they are going. In addition, Kings Landing is broke and is up to its nose deep in its debt with the Iron Bank because of the Golden Company and now the city is levelled. The North is in shambles too. How did Sansa and Bran get enough money for her adventure fund to buy her a custom Stark ship, full of crew members who must have been paid handsomely when there is so much rebuilding to do? Dany has to rob that Quarth guy’s entire vault to get a single ship. Also I found her dialogue to Jon where she blows him away saying she won’t come with him quite rude and forced in after saying "We are family" and "I am Arya Stark of a Winterfell and I am going home". 

Od you think she is going to end up dying?

Yes she will die, unless Martin made her an alien.  We all die.

Will she come back to Winterfell?  Martin likes to do the unexpected so it will be the opposite of your expectations.

Why would someone volunteer, if they did, to crew on the ship?  Maybe they wanted money for their family and got paid before they left.  Maybe fleeing from a crime they committed.  Maybe sense of adventure.  Maybe starving and the promise of food is pretty tempting. Why assume it is a suicide mission?  Again, expect the unexpected with GRRM.

She'll die at sea.  On top of her lines about not going back North there is the Robert and Lyanna parallel. She refused to marry the Lord of Storm's End and ran away to her doom. This is made explicit by these lines

Robert- I only know she was the one thing I ever wanted. Someone took her away from me, and seven kingdoms couldn't fill the hole she left behind.

Gendry- All know is you're beautiful and I love you and none of it will be worth anything if you' re not with me

What they never made clear is why. Curiosity isn't enough to never see any of your family again.

As the show never told us how bad it turned to those who tried that in the past, it's more like an open ending, as for Jon's. The writers had no idea of what their characters will become, so they let us imagine what we want for them.

On 6/12/2019 at 12:05 PM, Kaapstad said:

Now I know she kept saying she won’t return but do you think she could return after say 10-20 years at sea?

Of course she might return. She does not plan to do so in the foreseeable future. That does not mean she does not intend to return when her adventures are done. Of course every explorer wants to tell the world about their discoveries.

One other thing which doesn’t make sense is how did she find a crew ready for sailing with her on this suicide mission?

Arya is not committing suicide. She wants to discover, explore, experience adventures. There will be people with an adventurous mind. And people who have nothing to keep them there anyway

Arya has zero sailing experience and is sailing with 1 ship. What are her chances of survival? Imo zero.

Arya is just the commander. She has captain and a competent crew. Of course they can survive and discover lands west of Westeros. Why not?! Just because other failed? 

Kings Landing is broke and is up to its nose deep in its debt with the Iron Bank because of the Golden Company and now the city is levelled.

Bran has not to cover Cersei's debt. That was the risk of the Iron bank. Their champion lost, bad luck.

The council just discussed to rebuild the fleet, hundreds of ships. So one ship for Arya is not a problem.

Bran has to be very grateful to Arya for saving him and mankind. A ship is reasonable.

Archived