''Details'' you wish to see picked up before Asoiaf ends

LadyOfCastamere

Hello again with another question :)

I'm curious to know if there are any specific (minor) details about characters/relationships/conflicts/regions/ YouNameIt etc. that you wish GRRm will pick up before the whole book series ends.

Mine would be these:

1. I really wish to see Sansa singing a song for Sandor out of her own accord

2. Arya meeting 'Jaquen' again and perhaps getting a glimpse at who he was before becoming 'no one'

3. Jaime developing actual fatherly feelings for/ sharing fatherly feelings with his children (the way it was hinted at with Myrcella in the Tv-series)

4. Finding out what really happened with Ashara Dayne/ generally her story (since apparently, half the male population of Westeros was in love with her ^^)

What about you?

I am interested in finding out what happens to Sansa too, of course, but I'm not quite sure what to expect. She's a northerner who has learned how to play the game of thrones like the Andals, which has been a stumbling block for most Starks in the past. There's just one problem - she's lost her wolf, or maybe this isn't really a problem. She's technically a hybrid between First Men and the Andals genetically, socially, and politically. Why strap this budding leading woman to a man like Sandor? If he's not dead he's the grave digger on the Quiet Isle. Not exactly conducive for a future together. Alayne is promised to Harry the Heir and it will be interesting to see if she and Petyr can pull this facade off. In one of the released chapters from Winds, Alayne is charming Harry and it seems like she's going to be successful in getting him on board with the marriage.

I am anxious to see if my theory about Ashara being in disguise as Wylla is true! I was a believer for a very long time that Lady Lenore was Ashara, but I've changed my mind in the last month or so. I think Sansa as Alayne is a parallel to Ashara as Wylla, and Robin Arryn is a parallel to Edric Dayne.

As for Lady Lenore - I'm beginning to think she's actually Queen Rhaella. The septa part certainly seems to fit since Aerys commanded two septas sleep with Rhaella to prevent her from taking lovers, and she'd certainly have an interest in protecting her grandson should Young Griff turn out to be the real Aegon. It seems unnaturally cruel though for her to abandon Viserys and Daenerys and allow them to think she's dead, and leave them in the care of Ser Willem. But we shall see, won't we!

I don't think Jaime has much affection for his remaining children. I think he separated from them in his mind a long time ago. 

Speaking of Jaime - I never thought his feelings for Brienne were romantic. I think he admires her, because she embodies the qualities of what Jaime once thought were a true knight. I think Jaime was initiated into the ugly truth behind the armor a long time ago and understands the horrible things that knights are expected to carry out, and yet these things are not crimes if they were just following orders. Honor and duty are held in higher regard than human life. I think Sandor's trial by battle against Beric Dondarrion punctuated this fact when he was found innocent of murdering Mycah the butcher's boy. 

The one thing that sticks in Jaime's craw is being called the Kingslayer. He told Brienne that nobody noticed that he wasn't wearing his white Kingsguard armor - he wore his golden Lannister armor when he slew Aerys, which suggests that he thought he was acting like a knight for House Lannister in that moment, because if any other knight from the rebel side had killed Aerys, he would be a hero.

Not sure if these are minor details or major but anyway:

Story behind house Dayne and their connection to the Great Empire of the Dawn. 

First Long Night in Essos and its causes/what Bloodstone Emperor did.

Origins of dragons.

Reasons of the doom of Valyria.

To see more of the Citadel.

Timmet's backstory and his connection to the Arryns.

27 minutes ago, Raebo said:

I would like to know a lot more about the Others.  How do they communicate, what are they wanting, are they tied to the Starks, etc.?

I would like to know what secrets if any are in the crypts.

I remember in the prologue of the first book and in some part later on, it was mentioned that the White Walkers were sort of 'laughing' at the rangers. That was pretty surprising since usually they were made out to be so mindless, but this indicated they do have a sort of 'personality', so I agree, the whole topic of the Others is very interesting!

I really really want to know how Roose Bolton reacted after his highborn cupbearer escaped Harrenhal with a baker boy and an apprentice smith, one of his maps and a dagger. stealing three horses and killing a man in the process. I mean, he must have had some reaction. Did he have the stable boy killed? Who did he blame for it?

History of Torrhen's Square. It seems to be larger and stronger than many strongholds of lordly houses so the fact that Tallharts are "only" master level house is odd. So I would like to know

1. Who and when it was build?

2. What happened to original builders of that castle?

3. When and how Tallharts gained that castle?

3 hours ago, Raebo said:

I would like to know a lot more about the Others.  How do they communicate, what are they wanting, are they tied to the Starks, etc.?

"The Other said something in a language that Will did not know; his voice was like the cracking of ice on a winter lake, and the words were mocking." AGoT - Prologue

They speak a language that Will doesn't know.

I would appreciate confirmation of Elissa Farman being Qaithe.  What caused the Doom of Valyria.  Is Drogon the reincarnation of Balerion.  Is Daenerys Targaryen the reincarnation of Aegon the Conqueror.

11 hours ago, White26 said:

Not sure if these are minor details or major but anyway:

Story behind house Dayne and their connection to the Great Empire of the Dawn. 

First Long Night in Essos and its causes/what Bloodstone Emperor did.

Origins of dragons.

Reasons of the doom of Valyria.

To see more of the Citadel.

Timmet's backstory and his connection to the Arryns.

We may get more on the Citadel, but none of the rest of this is going to come up in the main series.

Jaime cares a lot about Tommen throughout A Feast for Crows.  He has that sweet scene with him after Tommen has to flee the ritual where Tywin's body is being displayed (can't remember what exactly it is called) because of the smell; he is also highly reluctant to leave KL not only because of his vow to Catelyn Stark but also because he wants to be there to protect Tommen - he only leaves because Cercei orders him to.   He also thinks at some point while in the Riverlands about how he wants to be honest with Tommen (and Myrcella) that he is their father and worries and speculates about how they will react.  Haven't read his chapter in ADWD for awhile, the latter may be in there now that I think of, not AFFC?  Either way, it is a thread throughout his story from the time he returns to King's Landing, although I don't think it starts immediately.  My sense is that he is bothered by how little he feels for Joffrey, as highlighted by his lack of grief for him after his death, and he wants things to be different with Tommen and Myrcella but because he has no real model for what that would be like, he is sort of figuring it out slowly.

I'd love to see more of Edric Dayne, he doesn't appear to still be with the Brotherhood after Lady Stoneheart takes over and Beric dies, so where did he go?  We probably won't see him, I just liked him and would like to at least hear where he ended up.  

I also wonder a bit about Geryon (?) Lannister, the youngest of the brothers.  Part of me wouldn't be surprised if he turns up eventually.  I thought they emphasized Tyrek (the 14 year old who got married off to a one year old) being missing a bit heavily as well, I'm curious about if that actually means anything.  

I think George sometimes overuses the dead character turning out to be alive thing, but I will admit to some curiosity about the Septa Lemore situation.  I don't know that I want her to be Ashara Dayne or connected to the Targaryans but I am interested in if she is someone important in some other way.  

6 hours ago, Ser Leftwich said:

We may get more on the Citadel, but none of the rest of this is going to come up in the main series.

Are you so sure? I have a feeling Timmet will rule the Vale at the end integrating clans with the rest of society.

Rickon returning to Winterfell

Stannis wrecking the Boltons

Viserion laying eggs

Sansa learning about F Arya

Anything about Myrcella and her missing guards and septa

Aegon VI! 

More info about Ashara/Ned's stillborn daughter

What happened to Ned Dayne after he left BWB? 

Sansa learning the truth about how Ned forfeited his life for hers in King's Landing

Timmet of the Burned Men's role in the Vale and with Sansa, and how Tyrion arming them will pay off plot-wise

If Jenny of Oldstones, Florian the Fool, and Bael the Bard foreshadow anything

What "you'll dance with me anon" meant when Jon said it to the snowflakes 

Way more on House Toland 

I've always hoped there is a way to find out if Baby Weasel made it.  I remember Arya's fierce hope for her, as she realized she was missing when her and her remaining friends were taken by The Mountain's men.  Run, Weasel, run as fast as you can, run and never come back.  I think it would be nice to find out that she is well. 

I'd also like to know how much is truth and how much isn't when it comes to Lady Dustin and her feelings on Ned and his bones, among other things.

Archived