''Details'' you wish to see picked up before Asoiaf ends

LadyOfCastamere

On 6/12/2019 at 8:56 AM, LadyOfCastamere said:

Hello again with another question :)

I'm curious to know if there are any specific (minor) details about characters/relationships/conflicts/regions/ YouNameIt etc. that you wish GRRm will pick up before the whole book series ends.

Mine would be these:

1. I really wish to see Sansa singing a song for Sandor out of her own accord

2. Arya meeting 'Jaquen' again and perhaps getting a glimpse at who he was before becoming 'no one'

3. Jaime developing actual fatherly feelings for/ sharing fatherly feelings with his children (the way it was hinted at with Myrcella in the Tv-series)

4. Finding out what really happened with Ashara Dayne/ generally her story (since apparently, half the male population of Westeros was in love with her ^^)

What about you?

So, remember when Arya was acting as Lord Boltons cup bearer at Harrenhal? The little Frey boy that was acting as a squire? I would love for him to realize that his "princess" was actually Arya. Such a small thing and makes no matter to the plot. Just makes me chuckle. 

12 hours ago, LadyBlackwater said:

So, remember when Arya was acting as Lord Boltons cup bearer at Harrenhal? The little Frey boy that was acting as a squire? I would love for him to realize that his "princess" was actually Arya. Such a small thing and makes no matter to the plot. Just makes me chuckle. 

Absolutely love this, yes!!

Also on the topic of Arya, I would like to see more with her "wolf dreams". She is the one who, whilst warging into Nymeria, found her mothers body and dragged it out for the BwB to find and reanimate. Will this ever be revisited? I hope so. Somehow.

I would love to learn more about House Reed as well! Howland Reed played a part in a very momentous occasion and as far as we know is the only one who was with Ned Stark at the Tower of Joy where Lyanna died. When is he going to climb out of the woodwork? 

On 6/12/2019 at 9:47 PM, Lady Dacey said:

I really really want to know how Roose Bolton reacted after his highborn cupbearer escaped Harrenhal with a baker boy and an apprentice smith, one of his maps and a dagger. stealing three horses and killing a man in the process. I mean, he must have had some reaction. Did he have the stable boy killed? Who did he blame for it?

Count me as interested.

1. Myrcella and the lookalike cousin/stunt double. Did Ser Arys switch them before they got to Dorne? 

2. What was in that book Roose Bolton burned?

3. What happens when Ramsay's dogs face off with actual direwolves? (trained to kill direwolves? yeah, how'd you train them to do that without any direwolves?)

4. The whole Dayne thing. What's the deal with them? Did Ashara even jump out of that tower? Or was she pushed? And what are their words???

5. Howland Reed better show up.

6. What's the deal with Varys? I need background info!

7. Nymeria and her wolf pack. 

8. The Rosby inheritance. 

9. All about that dragonhorn.

12. Where the heck is Blackfish, and what is he planning?

13. Quaithe.

Did Catelyn get a vision from the Seven in Clash when she visits the sept near Renly's camp?

Did Summer see a dragon above Winterfell after Ramsay sacked it?

Who were the people from the Shadow that disappears into the "annals of history"? Was there a long night before the Long Night that results in the Wall?

Are there really animal-human hybrids in the far east?

What is the cup of ice and cup of fire?

Why didn't Drogon recognize Dany in Daznak's Pit? 

Did the Undying really send the comet as a messenger to Dany as they claim?

What was the blue heart throbbing indigo light in the House of the Undying?

What's the voice from the fire that spoke to the sorcerer who mutilated Varys? 

Is there someone or something really looking through the dragon skulls in KL like Arya, Tyrion, Ned, Robert, and Jaime feel?

I just hope the story lines will take us to a bunch more of the places that have just been names on a map until now.  ADWD showed us a lot more of Essos, as well as the Citadel. But there are so many more places still un-narrated...

1. If Aegon conquered the 7 Kingdoms to unite them against the others

2. What caused the Doom of Valyria

3. Who taught the Valyrians how to tame and ride dragons and about magic

4. If the Valyrians "created" dragons by breeding firewyrms and wyverns,

5. If the Night's king was a stark

6. How the Daynes relate to the first men

17 hours ago, Aebram said:

I just hope the story lines will take us to a bunch more of the places that have just been names on a map until now.  ADWD showed us a lot more of Essos, as well as the Citadel. But there are so many more places still un-narrated...

I'd love to see the ruins of Valyria and Asshai explored 

Archived