Jump to content
Beardy the Wildling

The most special D&D lines throughout the Inside the Episode series (and other media)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Here's hoping the mods don't delete this.

Now, we all know D&D are creative geniuses. They who coined the bad pussy and story-based elective monarchies deserve every honour they get. But they're not just ingenious storytellers; they also want you to know about it, as their Inside the Episode segments demonstrate. Thank goodness they're here to, in a display of humility akin to Ricegum, make their own Genius Explanation Video.

So, anyone and everyone, what are your favourite insightful D&D lines?

Here are a few of my most special quotes:

  • You're the actor, just say the lines.
  • Ramsay is a little bit more heroic than Joffrey... he... uh... fights.
  • Euron will make Ramsay look like a little kid.
  • And you have to start wondering... what the hell is this... plot?
  • Stannis has always had a fight between family and ambition... and here, he finally chooses ambition and pays the price.
  • Sansa... has been through a lot to reach the strength she has now, while Arya was already there, in a way.
  • Creatively it made sense to us, because we wanted it to happen.
  • God damn it, we want that zombie polar bear!
  • There are plausible implausibilities and implausible implausibilities, and we tried to make the rescue a plausible implausibility.
  • We really wanted to avoid the expected...
  • Jon's had this history with the Night King... but it just didn't seem right for Jon to kill the Night King.
  • We've known Arya would be the one to kill the Night King for three years.
  • Well, Dany kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet and Euron's forces, but they certainly haven't forgotten about her.
  • Euron probably wasn't paying attention to what Tyrion was saying.
  • When Dany sees the Red Keep, the symbol of what's been taken from her family... this is the moment she decides to make it personal.

Note: D&D can also refer to directors/other writers who've given stunning insights into how a grown-up, adult series like Game of Thrones handles things.

Edited by Beardy the Wildling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds like a great collection to me, based on what I've read here on the forum.

Since I haven't actually seen any of these genius insights on TV myself, I will restrict myself to supplying emoticons to the above

  • You're the actor, just say the lines.:whip:
  • Ramsay is a little bit more heroic than Joffrey... he... uh... fights. :fencing:
  • Euron will make Ramsay look like a little kid. :owned:
  • And you have to start wondering... what the hell is this... plot? :stunned:
  • Stannis has always had a fight between family and ambition... and here, he finally chooses ambition and pays the price. :crying:
  • Sansa... has been through a lot to reach the strength she has now, while Arya was already there, in a way. :stillsick:
  • Creatively it made sense to us, because we wanted it to happen. :smoking:
  • God damn it, we want that zombie polar bear! :ack:
  • There are plausible implausibilities andimplausible implausibilities, and we tried to make the rescue a plausible implausibility. :blink:
  • We really wanted to avoid the expected...   :shocked:
  • Jon's had this history with the Night King... but it just didn't seem right for Jon to kill the Night King. :tantrum:
  • We've known Arya would be the one to kill the Night King for three years. :bs:
  • Well, Dany kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet and Euron's forces, but they certainly haven't forgotten about her. :eek:
  • Euron probably wasn't paying attention to what Tyrion was saying. :bang:
  • When Dany sees the Red Keep, the symbol of what's been taken from her family... this is the moment she decides to make it personal. :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ser Hedge said:

That sounds like a great collection to me, based on what I've read here on the forum.

Since I haven't actually seen any of these genius insights on TV myself, I will restrict myself to supplying emoticons to the above

  • You're the actor, just say the lines.:whip:
  • Ramsay is a little bit more heroic than Joffrey... he... uh... fights. :fencing:
  • Euron will make Ramsay look like a little kid. :owned:
  • And you have to start wondering... what the hell is this... plot? :stunned:
  • Stannis has always had a fight between family and ambition... and here, he finally chooses ambition and pays the price. :crying:
  • Sansa... has been through a lot to reach the strength she has now, while Arya was already there, in a way. :stillsick:
  • Creatively it made sense to us, because we wanted it to happen. :smoking:
  • God damn it, we want that zombie polar bear! :ack:
  • There are plausible implausibilities andimplausible implausibilities, and we tried to make the rescue a plausible implausibility. :blink:
  • We really wanted to avoid the expected...   :shocked:
  • Jon's had this history with the Night King... but it just didn't seem right for Jon to kill the Night King. :tantrum:
  • We've known Arya would be the one to kill the Night King for three years. :bs:
  • Well, Dany kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet and Euron's forces, but they certainly haven't forgotten about her. :eek:
  • Euron probably wasn't paying attention to what Tyrion was saying. :bang:
  • When Dany sees the Red Keep, the symbol of what's been taken from her family... this is the moment she decides to make it personal. :devil:

Oh, you're unacquainted? A shame.

Allow me to introduce you to the line I forgot:

'Themes are for eighth-grade book reports'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Oh, you're unacquainted? A shame.

Allow me to introduce you to the line I forgot:

'Themes are for eighth-grade book reports'.

We would have needed new emojis to keep up with Dumbbell and Doorstop had they continued with their stream-of-(un)consciousness verbal diarrhoea, but thankfully it looks like it's over!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SeanF said:

It was certainly encouraging to learn that repeated sexual abuse made Sansa a stronger person.

In the same way that some public school teachers used to view forcible buggery as character -forming.

I'm sure Jimmy Savile was knighted for his role in shaping the characters of so many children.

...wait, shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I'm sure Jimmy Savile was knighted for his role in shaping the characters of so many children.

...wait, shit.

I almost slapped a 'laugh' on this. But then I thought: shit. 

And then 'shit'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

I almost slapped a 'laugh' on this. But then I thought: shit. 

And then 'shit'.

It deserves a laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I'm sure Jimmy Savile was knighted for his role in shaping the characters of so many children.

...wait, shit.

A friend of mine was at Shrewsbury in the 1980's and makes it sound like a concentration camp.

He is eternally grateful for the fact that he was not a good-looking boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

A friend of mine was at Shrewsbury in the 1980's and makes it sound like a concentration camp.

He is eternally grateful for the fact that he was not a good-looking boy.

My mum once joked about the fact that she wrote to Jim'll fix it, but never got to be on the show.

She wondered if she wasn't pretty enough.

It's pretty much the only funny thing she ever said, twisted as it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

My mum once joked about the fact that she wrote to Jim'll fix it, but never got to be on the show.

She wondered if she wasn't pretty enough.

It's pretty much the only funny thing she ever said, twisted as it was.

There are a lot of people who are eternally grateful they never got to be on Jim'll fix it.

There's some awful footage from the early eighties of Jimmy Saville and Gary Glitter groping young teenage girls on Top of the Pops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SeanF said:

There are a lot of people who are eternally grateful they never got to be on Jim'll fix it.

There's some awful footage from the early eighties of Jimmy Saville and Gary Glitter groping young teenage girls on Top of the Pops.

Funny how the topic of D&D ends up veering over to socially-accepted paedophiles. I'd argue D&D are about as perverse as they come, yet socially hailed as writing geniuses, so it all comes together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Funny how the topic of D&D ends up veering over to socially-accepted paedophiles. I'd argue D&D are about as perverse as they come, yet socially hailed as writing geniuses, so it all comes together.

From them we learn that:-

1. Rape makes you strong

2. Sex slaves give it away for free if they like you

3. Women say things like "I'm going to f*ck the tits off this one."

Edited by SeanF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SeanF said:

From them we learn that:-

1. Rape makes you strong

2. Sex slaves give it away for free if they like you

3. Women say things like "I'm going to f*ck the tits of this one."

Also, that because he fights his own battles, Ramsay Bolton, a serial rapist and torturer, is a 'badass villain' who deserves more hero cred than Joffers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aFeastForDragons said:

"the first time we see Stannis he is burning people"

 

No he was burning wooden idols. These guys don't even know their own show. Whats the quote where they say Sam is the younger brother?

'His older brother Dickon wasn't really a bad person, he died quite heroically by his father's side.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 11:40 PM, SeanF said:

From them we learn that:-

1. Rape makes you strong

I wonder why this scene haven't triggered more reactions in the media/social media. These few lines of dialogue are of a crass and extremely unhealthy stupidity in a show watched by millions of pre-teenagers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 11:40 PM, SeanF said:

3. Women say things like "I'm going to f*ck the tits off this one."

and you could add "when a bisexual/lesbian woman meets an other bisexual/lesbian woman, they must have sex immediately and let everyone around them know about it". It is known.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

and you could add "when a bisexual/lesbian woman meets an other bisexual/lesbian woman, they must have sex immediately and let everyone around them know about it". It is known.

When one attractive woman meets another attractive woman, *obviously* they want to jump into bed with each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×