Anyone know a good place to browse art?

I've become really fascinated with asoiaf art, and I'm pretty disappointed I didn't know about the calendars before now. I was thinking for my re-read I would go through all the art related to each chapter or notable place in the chapters. I was wondering if there was some huge, convenient database with artworks somewhere that I just don't know about? Or do you maybe have suggestions for an artist I should check out?

I’ve been able to snag almost all of the calendars in this past year, and I think the 2011 (Ted Nasmith) and 2014 (Gary Gianni) calendars are the must-haves. I got the latter from this seller https://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131622076445 and am completely happy with it. I am very much looking forward to John Howe’s 2020 calendar, which is coming out soon.

Those are my favorite ASOIAF artists so far, with honorable mention to Steve Youll (covers for US editions of AGoT/ACoK/ASoS) and Marc Fishman (endpapers for UK slipcase editions).

If Ted Nasmith was able to be present during the filming of Jackson’s LoTR per their invitation along with Alan Lee, he would’ve surely received his Academy Award as well. Many scenes were actually inspired by Ted Nasmith’s artworks that were drawn prior to the filming. Too bad he had to deal with personal issues during that time.

I love Ted Nasmith’s artworks on Tolkien’s Middle-Earth. Even GRRM supposedly purchased all his artworks on Game of the Throne. That man is a legend. 

Archived