Star Trek Symbol on Mars

The Anti-Targ

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/13/world/starfleet-symbol-mars-scn-trnd/index.html

Only 2 possible explanations:

Future humans really did use warp technology for space travel and dilithium crystals really are a thing, and they found a way to travel back in time and put the Star Trek symbol there as a sign.

Or,

Aliens watched Star Trek from 70s and 80s broadcasts and were big fans, so came to our solar system and left the symbol on Mars for us to find when we eventually went there. Nice, subtle, and more importantly peaceful way of saying hello.

I don't see any other explanation.

9 minutes ago, ants said:

You’re completely ignoring the martians. Bet they had something to do with it. 

Don't you dare accuse Matt Damon of such things.

I've heard some shady things about Sweden lately from my Norwegian sources. It was probably the Swedes.

15 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/13/world/starfleet-symbol-mars-scn-trnd/index.html

Aliens watched Star Trek from 70s and 80s broadcasts and were big fans, so came to our solar system and left the symbol on Mars for us to find when we eventually went there. Nice, subtle, and more importantly peaceful way of saying hello.

So basically a Galaxy Quest scenario?

Of course, you guys all ignored the scientific solution.

God did it. You know, the funky fellow with the white beard is a) a total stoner and b) a star trek nerd.

So hippie god stoned out of his mind thought he would be so cool, and carved it into Mars.

See, science explains everything.

13 hours ago, ants said:

You’re completely ignoring the martians. Bet they had something to do with it. 

We know it wasn't the Martians because obviously they've gone post-corporeal millions of years ago and have completely closed themselves off from the physical universe. They've transcended.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

We know it wasn't the Martians because obviously they've gone post-corporeal millions of years ago and have completely closed themselves off from the physical universe. They've transcended.

Has someone been watching Stargate reruns? :P.

11 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Has someone been watching Stargate reruns? :P.

The Old Ones are post corporeal as per Heinlein. Where else did the Stargate writers get the idea?

On 6/14/2019 at 6:34 PM, The Anti-Targ said:

Only 2 possible explanations:

Future humans really did use warp technology for space travel and dilithium crystals really are a thing, and they found a way to travel back in time and put the Star Trek symbol there as a sign.

Or,

I like this option. Much better than Contact's idea that the aliens saw Hitler's speech from 1936 and sent it back to us.

6 hours ago, maarsen said:

The Old Ones are post corporeal as per Heinlein. Where else did the Stargate writers get the idea?

I’m not much of a Trekkie to be honest, only seen a few rerun episodes of TNG here and there, my alligence is always to the Galactic Empire :P.

I quite liked the idea in Stargate though although I found the Ori annoying as antagonists after a while.

• 1 month later...

And apparently delivering the Ireland reunification announced in The Next Generation by completely screwing over the UK through forcing it into a no-deal Brexit. Now that's going to some lengths.

Archived