Poll. is Greywind dead?

Impbread

Unless I am mistaken it is stated that the Freys killed Greywind and sewed his head to Robb’s body. What say you all? Yes or no will suffice feel free to back up your opinion.

Update. 18 think The Good Boy named Greywind is dead

1 thinks he lives that brave soul is Gerg Sknab

Greywind is alive unless you believe Frey fallacy. the only place you hear greywind's head attached to Robb's body is in the epilogue with Marrett Frey and Lem and Marrett is throwing it all on Walder, remember too in Tyrion's chapter Walder'note suggests a fat trout and two wolfskins nothing about attached heads. You have several references in Jon Bran and Jamie suggesting Greywind is alive and kicking.

Dany had a vision of a dead man with a wolf's head, that made me believe they really did that. Those visions seem all pretty accurate... Sure one could say it just means the man was a Stark to which is possible. But then what would have happened to GW? I doubt he took the death of Robb well, what would have done with him? Release him? Rather not... Keep him prisoner? What for? 

He is sadly very dead even if his head was never put on Robb's body... 

7 hours ago, Impbread said:

Agreed. Some folks think he lives on. That there is proof In one of the wolf dreams.

He’s dead. :bawl:

In theory, the Freys could have used random wolf’s head on Robb. Could have, but I don’t think so. Also, I think the wolf dream often used to support the idea is being misinterpreted. 

ADwD, Jon I 

“Snow,” the moon called down again, cackling. The white wolf padded along the man trail beneath the icy cliff. The taste of blood was on his tongue, and his ears rang to the song of the hundred cousins. Once they had been six, five whimpering blind in the snow beside their dead mother, sucking cool milk from her hard dead nipples whilst he crawled off alone. Four remained and one the white wolf could no longer sense.”

The bolded text is very clear: they had been six, and now four remain. Lady and Grey Wind are dead. The one Ghost can’t sense is Summer, because he is beyond the Wall. 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:09 PM, Impbread said:

Unless I am mistaken it is stated that the Freys killed Greywind and sewed his head to Robb’s body. What say you all? Yes or no will suffice feel free to back up your opinion.

Yes, he is dead.  But that does not mean that GRRM is not planning something grotesque, like resurrecting a composite mummy.  GRRM has, after all, read HP Lovecraft.

On 6/14/2019 at 8:09 PM, Impbread said:

That wolf is dead.  The Freys sewed his head on Robb's shoulders.  We saw this in Dany's vision during her visit to the House Of the Undying.  Robb's own head is sewn on the shoulders of Robert Strong.

Grey Wind dead? Of course not! He was merely decapitated, his head sewn onto the body of a dead man, and then likely dumped in the river, along with the leftover parts. Why should that have lethal?

On 6/15/2019 at 8:12 PM, Gerg Sknab said:

Greywind is alive unless you believe Frey fallacy. the only place you hear greywind's head attached to Robb's body is in the epilogue with Marrett Frey and Lem and Marrett is throwing it all on Walder, remember too in Tyrion's chapter Walder'note suggests a fat trout and two wolfskins nothing about attached heads. You have several references in Jon Bran and Jamie suggesting Greywind is alive and kicking.

Tyrion mentioned dead wolf heads as rumors that were whispered. They (Freys) obviously didn't think it's important or impression worthy as what they already said.

19 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

He’s dead. :bawl:

In theory, the Freys could have used random wolf’s head on Robb. Could have, but I don’t think so. Also, I think the wolf dream often used to support the idea is being misinterpreted. 

ADwD, Jon I 

“Snow,” the moon called down again, cackling. The white wolf padded along the man trail beneath the icy cliff. The taste of blood was on his tongue, and his ears rang to the song of the hundred cousins. Once they had been six, five whimpering blind in the snow beside their dead mother, sucking cool milk from her hard dead nipples whilst he crawled off alone. Four remained and one the white wolf could no longer sense.”

The bolded text is very clear: they had been six, and now four remain. Lady and Grey Wind are dead. The one Ghost can’t sense is Summer, because he is beyond the Wall. 

Bran's chapter later on "Lady's dead, maybe Greywind too ghost remember Ghost Shaggydog and Nymeria Hon capther ASOS a bodied grey wolf with yellow eyes no mention of being dead another Jon chapter ASOS again a bloodied grey wolf with yellow eyes first thought is greywind then passes to summer. 4 remained Ghost, Shaggydog, Nyermia, Greywind  and one north of the wall Summer

1 hour ago, Gerg Sknab said:

Bran's chapter later on "Lady's dead, maybe Greywind too ghost remember Ghost Shaggydog and Nymeria Hon capther ASOS a bodied grey wolf with yellow eyes no mention of being dead another Jon chapter ASOS again a bloodied grey wolf with yellow eyes first thought is greywind then passes to summer. 4 remained Ghost, Shaggydog, Nyermia, Greywind  and one north of the wall Summer

I'm having some difficulty understanding what you're saying. Punctuation is your friend, embrace it! :dunno:

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I'm having some difficulty understanding what you're saying. Punctuation is your friend, embrace it! :dunno:

And here II figured run ons were fun. In  any case Bran's first chapter in ADWD we have anotherpack Lady's dead, maybe Grey wind too but somewhere there's Shaggydog, Nymeria and Ghost remember Ghost. In ASOS a bloodied Grey wolf with yellow eyes is mentioned twice in I believe Jon chapters with the POV first thought of being Greywind then secondarily Summer. Considering  Bran iv ASOS they are already north of the wall and accordingly Jon 1 ADWD is unable to sense him north of the wall .

On 6/14/2019 at 8:09 PM, Impbread said:

You are not mistaken.  That is what the Freys did.  Greywind is dead.

On 6/16/2019 at 10:42 PM, Bowen 747 said:

You are not mistaken.  That is what the Freys did.  Greywind is dead.

Nah Father Frey making things up. How would the BWB have a clue they wouldn't have been anywhere near the Twins for an extended period what Bolton's men, Frey's men and riverlanders loyal to Freys hanging around. There is more in Jon, Bran, Jamie and Arya chapters in ASOS AFFC and ADWD to consider him alive rather dead

Archived