Poll. is Greywind dead?

Impbread

1 hour ago, Gerg Sknab said:

Nah Father Frey making things up. How would the BWB have a clue they wouldn't have been anywhere near the Twins for an extended period what Bolton's men, Frey's men and riverlanders loyal to Freys hanging around. There is more in Jon, Bran, Jamie and Arya chapters in ASOS AFFC and ADWD to consider him alive rather dead

You simply want to bend book canon against wishful fan theories. On multiple threads. I don't know if troll or you actually think there's substance in what you are defending.

1 hour ago, Lady Winter Rose said:

You simply want to bend book canon against wishful fan theories. On multiple threads. I don't know if troll or you actually think there's substance in what you are defending.

Book canon? Lem Yellowcoat and Marrett speaking about a subject that Lem more than likely wasn't present for or a Tyrion chapterthat Tyrion reads as thirdhand information is more canon than Arya, jon and Bran chapters?

34 minutes ago, TheThreeEyedCow said:

Sadly, yes. Robb let them lock him up. And I will always hate him a bit for that. He was suppose to be a KING ffs. Bugger their wishes, I say. Make their hall yours. Ugly chinless freaks! lol.  

Raynald escaped greywind freed from the net was not to far behind just because frey's say so doesn't make so.

1 minute ago, Gerg Sknab said:

Raynald escaped greywind freed from the net was not to far behind just because frey's say so doesn't make so.

Hey, I hope you're right. I love those wolves. But, it really isn't likely. If George wanted the wolf alive, we'd of had 'something' in aFfC or maybe aDwD. tWoW will be a bit late to play a Grey-Wind card. 

IMO, he was there for Robb. And he did plenty to help Robb. With Robb dead, the character Grey Wind simply doesn't fit anywhere. His death is what prompts us readers to scream when Jon locks up Ghost. Seriously... if I had a mother flippin' wolf I'd go everywhere with him. 

7 hours ago, Gerg Sknab said:

Nah Father Frey making things up. How would the BWB have a clue they wouldn't have been anywhere near the Twins for an extended period what Bolton's men, Frey's men and riverlanders loyal to Freys hanging around. There is more in Jon, Bran, Jamie and Arya chapters in ASOS AFFC and ADWD to consider him alive rather dead

Why though?

They are despised enough without adding to it. I mean, Merrett is begging for his life when the Brotherhood mention it. If it *didn't* happen then why wouldn't he say so? Instead he simply denies being involved in it. He's desperate enough that he sold out everyone who was involved in planning the Red Wedding but he's not willing to go "That was a lie. The Wolf escaped!" Instead he says "My Father did that. All I did was drink".

I disagree about the BWB not being anywhere around the Twins. They're fighting a guerrilla war and have a lot of secret allies. They'll have people all across the Riverlands. Tom O'Sevens is in Riverrun even now. Besides, it's not like the only people who saw Robb's corpse were Freys. There's no point even doing something like that to an enemy if you aren't going to display it.

2 hours ago, TheThreeEyedCow said:

Sadly, yes. Robb let them lock him up. And I will always hate him a bit for that. He was suppose to be a KING ffs. Bugger their wishes, I say. Make their hall yours. Ugly chinless freaks! lol.  

Yes! Couldn’t agree more. They are his subordinates. Bring that good boy into their hall!

7 hours ago, Lady Winter Rose said:

I was wondering the same thing. Greywind the good boy is definitely dead as much as I wish it wasn’t true.

1 hour ago, UnFit Finlay said:

Why though?

They are despised enough without adding to it. I mean, Merrett is begging for his life when the Brotherhood mention it. If it *didn't* happen then why wouldn't he say so? Instead he simply denies being involved in it. He's desperate enough that he sold out everyone who was involved in planning the Red Wedding but he's not willing to go "That was a lie. The Wolf escaped!" Instead he says "My Father did that. All I did was drink".

I disagree about the BWB not being anywhere around the Twins. They're fighting a guerrilla war and have a lot of secret allies. They'll have people all across the Riverlands. Tom O'Sevens is in Riverrun even now. Besides, it's not like the only people who saw Robb's corpse were Freys. There's no point even doing something like that to an enemy if you aren't going to display it.

They could definitely have men inside the Twins even. Maybe a servant or musician mayhaps.

15 hours ago, UnFit Finlay said:

Why though?

The BwB had spent several Arya chapters getting no where in their hunt for Arya and the Hound . What makes you think they could possibly infiltrate a pair of locked down castles with three large pavilions under flame? Remember there are at 500 Boltons, 300 Karstarks and innumerable Freys watching for any infiltration, shucks the Hound was lucky to through and drop three Freys before whacking Arya and getting away. 

he only places that mention the death of greywind are in Davos by Dragonstone smallfolk (lord of Light followers) Marrett's epilogue by the BwB again Lord of Light followers, Danerys at the House of the undead as precognition again emphasizing fire andfinally a Tyrion chapter in whichhe is kind to Sansa in not mentioning the Frey Fallacy. It is the Freys pushing the scenario no one else they made their bed with the Lannister's, Bolton's, Spicer's and Westerling's what diference is it to be despised by the rest of the north or the Riverlands for that matter?

22 hours ago, Lady Winter Rose said:

Fanciful fan therories? on multiple threads? You don't like Rickon, Balerion the black cat, Jon Snow Sisterton/ Davos Asha/Theon/ Stannis, Danerys,/Barristan Aegon/ Connington, Arianne/ Sand Snakes, Marwyn, Sansa/Alayne and Arya Povs  or that Victarian and Morroq never make it out of Mereen and they'll be replaced by Euron and Benerro or that Robert Strong will lose cersci's trial after being feathered with 50 to100 arrows from Black Balaq and his Dragon bone and Yew bowsmen while Margery is innocent in the faith's view and is free to become queen consort to Tommen kinda questionable considering Twow or ADOS hasn't been published yet. 

6 minutes ago, Gerg Sknab said:

The BwB had spent several Arya chapters getting no where in their hunt for Arya and the Hound . What makes you think they could possibly infiltrate a pair of locked down castles with three large pavilions under flame? Remember there are at 500 Boltons, 300 Karstarks and innumerable Freys watching for any infiltration, shucks the Hound was lucky to through and drop three Freys before whacking Arya and getting away. 

he only places that mention the death of greywind are in Davos by Dragonstone smallfolk (lord of Light followers) Marrett's epilogue by the BwB again Lord of Light followers, Danerys at the House of the undead as precognition again emphasizing fire andfinally a Tyrion chapter in whichhe is kind to Sansa in not mentioning the Frey Fallacy. It is the Freys pushing the scenario no one else they made their bed with the Lannister's, Bolton's, Spicer's and Westerling's what diference is it to be despised by the rest of the north or the Riverlands for that matter?

Erm. Because they are the Brotherhood WITHOUT BANNERS. They are a resistance group made up primarily of normal people, and using guerrilla tactics to fight their enemies. No one is suggesting that they sent in soldiers but whores? We know, for a fact, that they have women working for them because they used one to kidnap Petyr Pimple. Is it that absurd that they had at least one or two at one of the feasts?

Musicians too. Tom isn't a fighter is he? Would the Freys really be suspicious of a lone musician who can actually play? We know they wouldn't because, again, he is currently in Riverrun. It's not like it's a new tactic either. Mance has used it twice in the series to the best of our knowledge. The Hound made it through by pretending to be a farmer but you don't think an actual farmer could've?

That isn't even getting into the possibility that they might have allies within the Twins. After all, the Freys won't run the Castles themselves. They'll have servants and it seems likely that at least ONE of them might be sympathetic to the Brotherhood, even if they aren't out and out members.

Incidentally, you still haven't explained WHY the Freys would push this fallacy, and why Merrett would continue to push it even when he's desperately trying to save his life. As for what difference it makes to be despised by the Riverlands and the North? Look at Merrett, Petyr, Ryman, Jared, Rhaegar and Symond? Look at the way Bronze Yohn uses "Frey" as an insult to Lyn Corbray? The only thing keeping them from being wiped out are the whims of Cersei and, to a certain extent, Littlefinger. Why on earth would they try to make that worse? What do they gain from convincing people that they desecrated Robb's corpse?

Vengence and war as stated by Merrett and Walder Walder is miffed he hasn't been taken seriously therefore he acts literally including bloviation and exaggeration. Symond Jarred and Rhaegar that is not the north but a single house Manderley. The Ryswell's, Dustin's (Barbey does have plans however does not have strength to bring to fruition), Cerwyn's, Karstark's and half the Umbers may not be pleased with the Frey's however they are backing the Bolton's and until the Bolton's lose the Frey's are safe. Read the Catelyn chapter with rains of Castlemere and tell  me BwB got a musician in. Read the next chapter with Pavillions burning with Frey's rushing out to confront northmen and virtually butcher them and tell me BwB had infiltrated with whores that is an even bigger fallacy than Greywind dead.

Archived