S1: Ned (Runner-up: Littlefinger)

2: Tywin (Runner-up: Varys)

3: Robb (Runner-up Tywin)

4:  Oberyn (Runner-up Tyrion)

5:  Jon Snow (Runner-up Davos)

6: Jon Snow (Runner-up Jaime)

7: Jon Snow (Runner-up Jaime)

8: Jon Snow (Runner-up Tormund)

S1: Robb (for being a compelling grieving son and charismatic leader, prior to nursegate), runner up Catelyn (for being convincingly protective and understandably wrong).

S2: Tyrion (for his general antics as hand and being actually fucking clever), runner up Stannis (even if D&D hated him, his actor did a top notch job)

S3: Tywin (this is his peak season IMO), runner up Walder Frey (he's such a well-seeded and convincing slimeball. Love him.)

S4: Oberyn (even if he lived in a brothel and played up the funny foreigner trope too much, Pedro Pascal captured him well), runner up Tyrion (his character's peak and a wasted foreshadow of the vengeful Tyrion we never got)

S5: Theon (Alfie Allen is a damn good Reek, even amid the deteriorating writing), runner up Ramsay (because this is the start of the show being so bad that it's good, and this kid is hilarious)

S6: Ramsay (this is Rammers in peak so-bad-it's-hilarious villain sue territory, and it's fun if you embrace it), runner up Cersei (this is the last season she does anything of note before staring out the window, and one could say she went out with a bang)

S7: Sansa (for being the only person remotely concerned about logistics instead of fighting and worrying that perhaps Arya's a fucking psycho), runner up Jaime (for riding a horse atop the waters of the mariana trench puddle, falling into said mariana trench puddle with heavy armour, and being pulled out and surviving. It's too hilarious not to love.)

S8: The Night King (for trying to prevent this now so-bad-that-it's-bad travesty from continuing), runner up Bronn (for being the only one remotely concerned that this detached psycho who thinks he's a bird wants to find a flying nuclear bomber). Honourable mention to Euron for just being a fucking joke and Edmure for being Edmure.

I'd add an honourable mention to Olenna Tyrell just for zero f*cks given at any given time. She played the game like a pro. Watching her and Tywin snipe at each other was one of my series highlights.

Shame she suffered from the same debraining fever as everyone else as the story progressed and the great Tyrell culling of the D&D adaptation made Highgarden and the Reach a tradeable comodity, like bumming a cigarrette.

32 minutes ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

I'd add an honourable mention to Olenna Tyrell just for zero f*cks given at any given time. She played the game like a pro. Watching her and Tywin snipe at each other was one of my series highlights.

Shame she suffered from the same debraining fever as everyone else as the story progressed and the great Tyrell culling of the D&D adaptation made Highgarden and the Reach a tradeable comodity, like bumming a cigarrette.

It's only the richest and most populated region in Westeros, no biggie.

1 hour ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

It's only the richest and most populated region in Westeros, no biggie.

Yep, major source of food in a land dominated by an unstable climate with winters that can last years.

Wait, wut? Didn't Davos claim the Reach was empty?!

Oh! So that's why they were so eager to have that number of obedient brown people move there for 'settling the land'.

Another stellar moment of social awareness by our dear duo.

41 minutes ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

Yep, major source of food in a land dominated by an unstable climate with winters that can last years.

Wait, wut? Didn't Davos claim the Reach was empty?!

Oh! So that's why they were so eager to have that number of obedient brown people move there for 'settling the land'.

Another stellar moment of social awareness by our dear duo.

Even better, I think that Davos wanted the fertility of the Reach to somehow reattach the cocks and balls to the Unsullied, because he tells them to make a house there.

A feudal house, dependent on having children and heirs.

I don't think Davos knows what a eunuch means, but then again, neither does anyone else, given nobody corrects him.

I'd have to leave that to the amazing people 'round the Heresy threads. The Reach might just work miracles and damn the hints (like a slap with an armored gauntlet a la Man in Tights) at sacrificial magic in the world our much loved stories are set in.

28 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Even better, I think that Davos wanted the fertility of the Reach to somehow reattach the cocks and balls to the Unsullied, because he tells them to make a house there.

I don't think Davos knows what a eunuch means, but then again, neither does anyone else, given nobody corrects him.

4 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

It's the show post season 4, what did you expect?

Nice to see some dialogue, would love to see some more rankings.

1 hour ago, Br16 said:

In general, I Iiked Bronn until S8 when he suddenly became not chill, and I find him being in charge of the Reach to be too unrealistic. Now I've switched to Davos.

Davos kinda deserves credit for being just plain silly since Stannis died.

'I know I hated witchcraft before, but Mel, would you mind raising the dead? Lol Jonno you're staring at Dany's tits aintcha. brb, gonna advise a eunuch to found a feudal house with more eunuchs as their bannermen.'

18 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Davos kinda deserves credit for being just plain silly since Stannis died.

'I know I hated witchcraft before, but Mel, would you mind raising the dead? Lol Jonno you're staring at Dany's tits aintcha. brb, gonna advise a eunuch to found a feudal house with more eunuchs as their bannermen.'

True, I so cringed when he suggested Greyworm take the Reach and start a House. Maybe he was thinking of adoption? Nevertheless, he is always affable and seems like an all around decent guy. 

13 minutes ago, Br16 said:

True, I so cringed when he suggested Greyworm take the Reach and start a House. Maybe he was thinking of adoption? Nevertheless, he is always affable and seems like an all around decent guy. 

He didn't ever randomly become an asshole for no reason, sporadic endorsement of actual fucking necromancy aside. That's more than can be said for most characters in the nihilistic shitpile.

S1: Tyrion (runner up: Ned)

2: Tyrion (runner up: Stannis)

3: Jaime (runner up: Brienne)

4: Oberyn Martell (runner up: Tyrion)

5: Jon Snow (runner up: Stannis, until he burnt Shireen)

6: Jon Snow (runner up: Ser Arthur Dayne, despite only appearing for one scene, he was badass)

7: Jon Snow, aside from the dumb wight hunt (runner up: Jaime)

8: Andy the extra (runner up: Ghost)

S1: Ned. Runner up: Tyrion 

S2: Tyrion. Runner up: Osha, Catelyn

S3: Jaime. Close 2nd: Brienne Runner up: Tywin (due to Charles Dance)

S4: Jon. Runner up: Jaime

S5: Arya. Runner up: Jon

S6: Arya. Close 2nd: Meera, Jaime,Brienne. Runner up: Jon

S7: Jaime: Runner up: Jon

S8: Ghost.

• 1 month later...

hard to remember each season... but I had a top 4 for most of the show with or another characters dropping out at some point due to death or not being very active.

Main ones that always seemed to be at the top were Jorah,Tyrion and Bronn.

Tywin/Olenna/Joffrey/Reek/Davos all sat in top 3 from time to time.

7 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

S1: Cersei

S2: Joffrey (Jack Gleeson is gold)

S3: Catelyn

S4-S6: Jon

S7: Sansa

S8: Jon's dagger

Yeah my main 3 faves didn't budge for most of the show however in season 2.... Joffrey made it in because he was sooooo gooood… infact I felt the show slowly declined once it spent less time in kings landing and more so with Joffrey and Tywin about.

• 5 months later...

Archived