Dresden Files (most recent thread is archived) Peace Talks is finished

Ser Scot A Ellison

Cool.  I wonder if he's still planning on four more after that, with a

apocalyptic

trilogy to cap it all off? 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

I’m about eight books in.  Got a ways to go before I make it there!

Don't speed through them too quickly ;) 

33 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I generally read one or two in between other books on my “to be read.”  I’m working on Red Country now in the reread, so I will probably do a couple of those before A Little Hatred.

2 hours ago, C.T. Phipps said:

Yayyyyyy!

Molly and Harry at last will be a thing!

(I hope)

Yuck, yuck, yuck.  A grown adult who knew someone as an impressionable child should never get into a physical relationship with that person.  The power differential is always going to make it weird.

5 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Yuck, yuck, yuck.  A grown adult who knew someone as an impressionable child should never get into a physical relationship with that person.  The power differential is always going to make it weird.

I find Harry's objection that he knows Molly's father to be demeaning her to being her father's property despite being a 25 year old woman. I find it problematic to treat an adult woman like a child.

But that's just my reading of Harry in this.

7 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I think exceptions can be made in the wizarding world where they live so long. But even on that basis, Molly is pretty young right now. 

So maybe in 50 years time or so. 

I’ve got to agree with Scot on this one. Harry and Molly as a potential couple is fucking weird.

Good to hear the book’s finished. It’s been strange waiting so long for this book after Butcher was producing a book or two a year before that.

6 hours ago, C.T. Phipps said:

I find Harry's objection that he knows Molly's father to be demeaning her to being her father's property despite being a 25 year old woman. I find it problematic to treat an adult woman like a child.

But that's just my reading of Harry in this.

It has nothing to do with knowing Michael (that is Molly attempting to Guilt Trip Harry into sleeping with her (also deeply weird)) It has everything to do with knowing Molly as a kid in pigtales.  The power dynamics will always be screwed up because of that fact.  Harry is right to refuse Molly.  

On 6/17/2019 at 7:32 PM, RedEyedGhost said:

Finished up the reread yesterday while on a trip to a cousin's wedding over the weekend.  Turns out I'm on Book 10 of Dresden.  Small Favor.

On 6/18/2019 at 9:21 AM, End of Disc One said:

I also think it would be weird to bang your good friend's daughter, but that's just me

Worked for Tom Selleck in those middle seasons of Friends.  :lol:

Archived