Dresden Files (most recent thread is archived) Peace Talks is finished

Ser Scot A Ellison

18 minutes ago, Poobah said:

I am so confused by this comment. If you're gonna pick out a WoT book for monotony at least make it Crossroads of Twilight.

I skipped Crossroads of Twilight.  Memory of Light was just one boring fight scene after another.  The actual confrontation between Rand and the Dark One couldn’t have taken up more than 20 pages total.

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I skipped Crossroads of Twilight.  Memory of Light was just one boring fight scene after another.  The actual confrontation between Rand and the Dark One couldn’t have taken up more than 20 pages total.

Good to know that I am not alone. MoL was just exhausting.

Also Chapter 3 has been released and it is not a fight scene

Spoiler

We also get confirmation (as if it there was ever any doubt that Mac definitely is not human. The only other instance of somebody blocking Harry's attempt to "see" them was with the angel in Ghost Story.

Unless it's a final showdown or something of the kind, I tend to skim through battle scenes for the most part.

Read another chunk of BG last night and it's more of the same. Butcher tries to offer some tidbits of information in every chapter or so, but it's still just Harry and co fighting a panoply of bad guys non-stop.

57 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

Unless it's a final showdown or something of the kind, I tend to skim through battle scenes for the most part.

Read another chunk of BG last night and it's more of the same. Butcher tries to offer some tidbits of information in every chapter or so, but it's still just Harry and co fighting a panoply of bad guys non-stop.

Does Harry at least employ some imaginative tactics which exploit his opponents weaknesses? Or is it the usual dogde, shield, fuego and forzare?

4 hours ago, ASOIAFrelatedusername said:

Does Harry at least employ some imaginative tactics which exploit his opponents weaknesses? Or is it the usual dogde, shield, fuego and forzare?

Can't really say, honestly. As I said, I don't focus on the action per se, more on their repercussions and their impact on the story.

Archived