Dresden Files (most recent thread is archived) Peace Talks is finished

Ser Scot A Ellison

15 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

Haven't been able to read much in the last few days, but I just read another chunk this evening. About 360 pages into it and we're still in the royal rumble. Some good stuff and the end game is approaching, but here's to hoping that the finale and its aftermath will be as good as C. T. promised.

So what would you say has been the ratio of action vs non-action content until now?

3 hours ago, ASOIAFrelatedusername said:

Well that is disheartening.

Not really. While some is just fun, a huge ton of character development is done in the battle scenes and huge numbers of relationships are re-arranged.

Like Peace Talks and Ebenezer.

But yes, if you don't want a big Battle at Helms Deep-book this is not it.

35 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

I think I'm done with the battle and there's 60-something pages left. Lets hope that the aftermath lives up to the hype, because it will make or break this novel. . .

For many years it was my habit to use the phrase Finish the book Pat as a password.  Unaccountably the thought is crossing my mind once more... ;)

Not sure if you know, but for quite some time following the release of TNotW, lots of people thought that me and Rothfuss were the same person. So much so that I was getting emails or PMs meant for him basically every week. When we met in 2009 at the Worldcon, as a joke he gave me permission to sign books in his stead! :P

The best mistake came from his British editor when she sent me the cover art for TDoS and asked for my feedback. Outside of Rothfuss' inner circle and the folks at Gollancz, I'm probably the only other person who has seen that cover. . . :ninja:

8 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

Not sure if you know, but for quite some time following the release of TNotW, lots of people thought that me and Rothfuss were the same person. So much so that I was getting emails or PMs meant for him basically every week. When we met in 2009 at the Worldcon, as a joke he gave me permission to sign books in his stead! :P

The best mistake came from his British editor when she sent me the cover art for TDoS and asked for my feedback. Outside of Rothfuss' inner circle and the folks at Gollancz, I'm probably the only other person who has seen that cover. . . :ninja:

And probably the only other person who ever will :P

7 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

And probably the only other person who ever will :P

This joke was waiting to be made for 9 hours.   

1 hour ago, End of Disc One said:

Proven Guilty was very much "made" by the ~100 page aftermath section.  Butcher is usually pretty good at those.

He is, but I am worried about quality issues with these two books.  There are some indications that he didn't follow his usual processes and the delays in publishing these installments.  

36 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

Should finish it tonight. Only 40-something pages left.

It will take a mindfuck of an ending, with a revelation galore, to really save this one.

Otherwise, BG will just be an extremely long battle scene. . .

Hehehehehehee.

There are TWO huge revelations.

Archived