Ser Scot A Ellison

Dresden Files (most recent thread is archived) Peace Talks is finished

On 9/13/2020 at 8:36 AM, Gaston de Foix said:
  Hide contents

Also stuff that has been pending for several books/years like: 

1.  The Carpenters not knowing Molly is the winter lady. 

2. "Murphy's funeral".

3.  The second traitor on the White Council (the number in Egypt from Turn Coat). 

4.  The White Council finding out about the Grey Council (and the Grey Council actually doing something about the Black Council)

5.  Who is the British guy in Demonreach (said not to be Merlin). 

6.  Christos' affiliation. 

7.  Ferrovax and Odin 

8.  For that matter why didn't Odin see this coming?

9.  Starborns. 

Not expecting a lot or anything.  I already expect this will be the moment Dresden announces the irrefutable existence of magic to the mortal world. 

Okay, just finished BG. The aftermath is good, but not good enough to save the novel. Like A Memory of Light, BG is little more than a 300+ pages battle. 

It's too bad, for had it been published as a single work, Peace Talks would likely have been one of the best installment in the series, if not the best.

As for threads finally getting some resolution, only 3-4 of the above are addressed.

Overall, BG is a bit of a disappointment. But it does signal a transition of sorts, and it sets the stage for a LOT of shit to come. But it's mostly filler and not a whole lot of killer material. . .

Will still line up for the next one, though!

3 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

Okay, just finished BG. The aftermath is good, but not good enough to save the novel. Like A Memory of Light, BG is little more than a 300+ pages battle. 

It's too bad, for had it been published as a single work, Peace Talks would likely have been one of the best installment in the series, if not the best.

As for threads finally getting some resolution, only 3-4 of the above are addressed.

Overall, BG is a bit of a disappointment. But it does signal a transition of sorts, and it sets the stage for a LOT of shit to come. But it's mostly filler and not a whole lot of killer material. . .

Will still line up for the next one, though!

Does it shift straight into Mirror Mirror?

4 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

Thanks for the update.  I think the final consensus will be the same as your conclusion - the split reduced the overall quality.  But heartened to hear it finished strong. 

If only 3 of my questions get a resolution (particularly if its 1, 2, and a random pick) I'll be disappointed.  But if I get the answer to just one more question, well I can live with that.  

Edited by Gaston de Foix