Ifeqevron

Maps show Ifeqevron as an area along the north coast of Essos. I have seen that "Ifeqevron" means "Wood Walkers".

The online Dothraki to English dictionary says that "Ifeqevron" is Dothraki for a sort of forest spider.

Is there anything at all canon that says what was the Ifeqevron people's name for themselves?

Is there any canon proof that the Ifeqevron were Children of the Forest, as sometimes supposed?

See  https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Kingdom_of_the_Ifequevron

It seems that Children of the Forest have a magical way to hide themselves.

Will there be more information from GRRM about them?

When GRRM came up with the name, while working on the Lands of Ice and Fire he explained the name as meaning "woods walkers". I'm not strictly sure how the Dothraki dictionary came up with its alternate definition, but in any case, at least so far as we know, the canon meaning within ASoIaF is "woods walkers". He noted that they might or might not have been "akin" to the children of the forest. GRRM said they've been gone for thousands of years, however.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems a strange translation, because the Dothraki named a Qaathi city in the red waste "City of Spiders" and that's called Vaes Qosar. So Qosar = spiders. I don't see "qosar" in "ifequevron".

Archived