UK Politics: Another vote, just not for anyone who might change their minds

Which Tyler

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

How little do MPs get paid? I only make like 45k a year and my car is way nicer than that hunk of junk.

He is coming from money. So if he wanted to, he could drive a nicer car than you. I suspect the Toyota is for the plebs see I am one of you guys. And not one of those out of touch milionaires. Who drive around in their Rolls. Although, I suspect he might also have one of those with a driver lieing around somewhere.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

How little do MPs get paid? I only make like 45k a year and my car is way nicer than that hunk of junk.

I think Toyotas are quite cool, they’re not trying too hard and they never break, no excuse to leave your car that messy though but there’s a litany of other reasons to dislike Boris other than that :P.

So Johnson vs. Jerry C. it is?

Isn't that like a political and intellectual void.

I mean, Jerry's magical negotiation skills will have him fly on a carpet to Brussels and make the backstop go away (spoiler: it won't).

Or in other words it's the political equivalent of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zc4bGkU05o

Johnson, I have no idea. But who needs a policy (or any policy whatsoever for that matter), when you can laugh with uncle Boris? Right boys, we are having a ball. Here, it's even with music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBox5HLLyy0

3 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

He is coming from money. So if he wanted to, he could drive a nicer car than you. I suspect the Toyota is for the plebs see I am one of you guys. And not one of those out of touch milionaires. Who drive around in their Rolls. Although, I suspect he might also have one of those with a driver lieing around somewhere.

You don't know that!!!

But you're probably right. Scott Brown did that over here when he ran for the Senate, driving around a pickup truck rather than any of his fancy sports cars. The funny part is he owned the truck so he could haul his daughters' horses around, so even that was a stealthy way to flash your wealth while pretending to be the common man. 

I'm no lover of the tories, and am incredibly sympathetic to the cause of the climate change protesters.  But the level of force used in removing her was absolutely reasonable and being suspended for it is preposterous.

In the current climate politicians have every right to worry about what crazy people may do. 

7 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm no lover of the tories, and am incredibly sympathetic to the cause of the climate change protesters.  But the level of force used in removing her was absolutely reasonable and being suspended for it is preposterous.

In the current climate politicians have every right to worry about what crazy people may do. 

There are points where what he did looked pretty excessive, the initial grab and lunge looked pretty violent. However, I agree that he didn't know what she was going to do, what if she had acid or something.

And if she was a man, would there be the same level of outrage?

23 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

:ack:

26 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Certainly, if you break into an official function, you can expect to be removed pretty roughly.

24 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Certainly, if you break into an official function, you can expect to be removed pretty roughly.

Maybe leave it to the proper authorities who, one would hope at least, are more likely to use reasonable/appropriate force. 

To be clear, its the one incident in particular with Mark Field I’m referring to. His response was clearly beyond what anyone should consider reasonable and there was nothing that protestor was doing which might have made him fear violence. From all appearances she is simply walking. Certainly, several of his colleagues managed to refrain from being violent pricks as she passed them

25 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Can't say I'm at all surprised at who is sticking up for this horrible man. You're in some stellar company this morning, lads.

Go on then, I'll bite. What should he have done and how much force would be reasonable in the circumstances? 

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Go on then, I'll bite. What should he have done and how much force would be reasonable in the circumstances? 

He could have done what every other man in the room did. Keep his hands to himself and let the paid security staff earn their money. 

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

He could have done what every other man in the room did. Keep his hands to himself and let the paid security staff earn their money. 

As she had already reached the point where he needed to act then the paid security weren't earning their money were they! 

You do remember Jo Cox, and know of the toxic political environment we live in? Nobody is obliged or expected to be harmed 'before' they take steps to defend themselves or another, even cunty Tory wankbags. 

4 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

As she had already reached the point where he needed to act then the paid security weren't earning their money were they! 

You do remember Jo Cox, and know of the toxic political environment we live in? Nobody is obliged or expected to be harmed 'before' they take steps to defend themselves or another. 

Jesus H Christ. We're talking about a woman in an evening dress, carrying a mobile phone and some papers. Of course everyone in the room was in mortal danger. 

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Jesus H Christ. We're talking about a woman in an evening dress, carrying a mobile phone and some papers. Of course everyone in the room was mortal danger. 

You are correct. She definitely couldn't have had a weapon hidden in those papers or her handbag, nobody has ever tried to hide a weapon they were going to use. Every stabbing I've been to the victim was given adequate notice that the suspect was armed.

You sound stupid. 

Once again, Jones socks it to the cunts and wankers.

Mark Field grabs a climate protester by the neck – and parts of the right cheer him on

What is more shocking? That during the chancellor of the exchequer’s Mansion House speech in London, at the heart of Britain’s establishment, Mark Field, a middle-aged male Tory minister, slammed a young, female Greenpeace protester against a pillar then forcefully propelled her out, clutching her neck? That no one at this gilded dinner, full of other middle-aged, besuited, bow-tie-wearing members of the British elite, did anything? That some even reportedly applauded when he returned? That multiple rightwing commentators have not only defended this minister but called for him to be awarded a medal? That social media abounds with predominantly men cheering the minister on, offering a disturbing and all too revealing insight into what male behaviour towards women they judge to be acceptable?

23 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Maybe leave it to the proper authorities who, one would hope at least, are more likely to use reasonable/appropriate force. 

To be clear, its the one incident in particular with Mark Field I’m referring to. His response was clearly beyond what anyone should consider reasonable and there was nothing that protestor was doing which might have made him fear violence. From all appearances she is simply walking. Certainly, several of his colleagues managed to refrain from being violent pricks as she passed them

If so, she can seek legal redress against him.

Archived