UK Politics: Another vote, just not for anyone who might change their minds

Which Tyler

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Is it fair to say that your PM to be is a drunk? I was watching the news last night, and they showed a quote of his saying he drinks a lot at lunch followed by tons of clips of him slurring his speech in interviews.

Our PM is, for now, still TM

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

She needs a drink. But that said, isn’t it all but guaranteed that Boris gets the gig?

Have a heart. This is a bit like the time between Twitler's election and inaugaration. There's still some hope for a meteor strike or something. You should sympathize with that. :)

16 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Have a heart. This is a bit like the time between Twitler's election and inaugaration. There's still some hope for a meteor strike or something. You should sympathize with that. :)

There was never any hope, just vacillating between being tipsy and blackout. Drink up.

Also, the Iranians stole one of your ships!

On 7/19/2019 at 10:11 PM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Nope, don't lump me in with the dysfunctional Island monkeys. :)

I am one of the functional continental monkeys. I just came here for the popcorn, but I stayed for the music.

We’re not all dysfunctional thank you!:P.

1 hour ago, Chaircat Meow said:

Do you know if Guylian chocolate sea shells will be OK?

They are produced wholly in Belgium and have a reasonable shelf life, so in terms of storage and transportation delays at the ports should not cause a major issue. How much the cost will rise under tariffs is another matter.

50 minutes ago, Werthead said:

They are produced wholly in Belgium and have a reasonable shelf life, so in terms of storage and transportation delays at the ports should not cause a major issue. How much the cost will rise under tariffs is another matter.

Thanks. This makes me feel better about my prospects under no deal. 

31 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

You mentioned his race ( and gender) and totally missed the point because...?

The point was that he was let off because his extraordinary defence is that forms designed to stop malpractice in elections are "too complex," and so thus he committed malpractice in an election by accident.

Defence by admission of incompetence is an interesting defence.

5 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The point was that he was let off because his extraordinary defence is that forms designed to stop malpractice in elections are "too complex," and so thus he committed malpractice in an election by accident.

Defence by admission of incompetence is an interesting defence.

Or that the electoral commission has gotten it wrong again and spent years and half a million quid taking this guy through courts for ticking the wrong box. Showing it’s own lack of neutrality?

But then I’m sure because he’s a white Male that is ok?

Tories resigning at the mere thought of Boris being leader, MP getting charged for being a sex pest, absolute shambles of a party for the last 3 years, yet somehow - Labour lead about 0.5% in opinion polls. 

I actually quite like Corbyn, he seems like a thoroughly decent human being and I like a great many of his policies, but he has to go, the stubborn old goat.  

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Or that the electoral commission has gotten it wrong again and spent years and half a million quid taking this guy through courts for ticking the wrong box. Showing it’s own lack of neutrality?

But then I’m sure because he’s a white Male that is ok?

hmmm .... if I followed the story correctly, the implication of the wrong box being ticked was that one of the Leave campaigns avoided breaching their spending limit?

So it wasn't completely trivial I guess. At first sight it would have looked like they got this other outfit to get around the spending limit. If that was the case and you do not pursue these cases, then everyone's going to break the limits willy nilly every time. Should they have spent half a million quid on this is a different question - maybe that is the market rate to get decent barristers idk.

Archived