UK Politics: Another vote, just not for anyone who might change their minds

Which Tyler

11 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Fuck! Does this mean we can’t laugh at the Americans anymore, now that we’ve got our own dishonest, philandering shitbag?

I guess on the bright side at least he's not racist, only Islamophobic.

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

I’ll always remember Alistair Campbell on Question Time asked about why the Tories are so successful: because they’re ruthless bastards. They had a very clear talking point between 2010 and 2016: the debt we inherited, the debt we inherited, the debt we inherited. Meanwhile, Labour memorably ummed and arred their way through those years and essentially conceded the point (do yourself a favour and look up UK debt between 2010 and 2016 under Cameron). 

Their new mantra, and it’s one that cuts through all the party infighting quite effectively, is that a Prime Minister Corbyn would destroy the universe. And you know what? It’ll fucking work. People will have some vague sense that it’s irresponsible to vote Labour and stick with the party who are ‘good at governing’. Eventually there will be a general election and Boris will win it.

Clearly Campbell was utterly wrong. It's got nothing to do with them being ruthless bastards. It is entirely down to your penultimate sentence, and it cuts across almost all liberal democracies. People believe right-wing / conservative parties are better at governing, so that's the safe haven they retreat to when they feel fragile in any way.

14 hours ago, Chaircat Meow said:

So there you go. The Ubermensch, the Platonic ideal, possessor of coiled strength. All hail Bozzah.

Is this ... is this supposed to be a good thing?

Good grief.  

Boris comes from a world most people in the UK do not recognise at all.

What really made me gag yesterday was when he mentioned "this great country of ours" when it's the Tories who have selfishly and deliberately wrecked it!

So.  Now the US Corps can pick the bones of all the British institutions, from the banks to health care to housing and etc.?

The Downing Street Cat gets back?

Well, my favorite bit about the Tory announcement of Johnson winning their silly little leadership contest was, when they claimed this leadership challenge has the shown the best of their party.

If this was actually their best, then I am morbidly curious what their worst looks like. An orgy where they grope servants? Placing bets on bum fights on BBC news night? Someting involving cannibalism?

1 hour ago, Maltaran said:

Well, at least Grayling has finally gone

Patel as Home Secretary and fucking Mobile Human Testical Raab as Foreign Secretary both take the shine off that quite a lot though.

Javid as Chancellor, Truss at Trade and Wallace at Defence. Gove in the Cabinet Office. Williamson apparently to Education (where the nod is that he won't be privy to security-cleared meetings). Hancock staying at Health. Apparently rumours that JRM will be made Leader of the Commons.

There'll be a new Northern Ireland secretary, which is probably a good thing.

1 minute ago, Werthead said:

Patel as Home Secretary and fucking Mobile Human Testical Raab as Foreign Secretary both take the shine off that quite a lot though.

Javid as Chancellor, Truss at Trade and Wallace at Defence. Gove in the Cabinet Office. Williamson apparently to Education (where the nod is that he won't be privy to security-cleared meetings). Hancock staying at Health. Apparently rumours that JRM will be made Leader of the Commons. 

There'll be a new Northern Ireland secretary, which is probably a good thing.

No cabinet position for Dorries, Loathsome, or McVey?

I am disappointed. Ok, Patel and Raab are ridiculous, but with Johnson in charge I want to see the Tory All Stars of Crazy. So really get back Grayling, and find positions for McVey, Loathsome, and McVey,

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

No cabinet position for Dorries, Loathsome, or McVey?

I am disappointed. Ok, Patel and Raab are ridiculous, but with Johnson in charge I want to see the Tory All Stars of Crazy. So really get back Grayling, and find positions for McVey, Loathsome, and McVey,

Leadsome is apparently the new business secretary so you've got part of your wish.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

:cheers:

So, really no cabinet position for Grayling, McVey, or Dorries? :tantrum:

Can I put forward Arlene for NI secretary? :devil:

Rumours that Grayling leaving was his decision and Johnson wanted him to stay.

Well, have they decided who will be the poor bastard to head the DExEU (hope I got the caps right).

I really hope for either Francois or Malthouse. Just for the comedic value of seeing them matched up against Barnier. Malthouse explaining the benefits of his compromise, while Barnier tries to keep a straight face. Or Francois bringing up the war, because.

9 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Well, have they decided who will be the poor bastard to head the DExEU (hope I got the caps right).

They kept Barclay - one of the rare few survivors.

McVey has got Housing, and JRM confirmed as Leader of the House

This is the most pathetic and useless collection of British politicians to ever appear in a Cabinet in my lifetime, and I strongly suspect almost any previous lifetime. What a shower of total incompetents.

7 minutes ago, Werthead said:

This is the most pathetic and useless collection of British politicians to ever appear in a Cabinet in my lifetime, and I strongly suspect almost any previous lifetime. What a shower of total incompetents.

Hey man, rock bottom is still a ways away. 

Our new home secretary Priti Patel is a proponent of the death penalty, despite being repeatedly handed her arse in debates on the issue and repeatedly stating that it has deterrent value, when this has been proven to be incorrect. This is concerning.

1 hour ago, Mosi Mynn said:

"Oh no, here's a lower place."

Seems bizarre, either we leave on the deadline date as promised in which case Farage serves no purpose, or we don't, in which case how on earth could Farage ever trust Boris?

On the other hand, it would ensure that Nigel Farage gets on the telly a lot, which is his primary purpose in life.

Archived