Anybody Seen the Unseen Westeros Art Exhibition/Art Book ?

Br16

I went, it was fine for a free exhibition but I also didn't find it crazy impressive. Some of the places were so niche that I couldn't even remember them despite having listened to the audiobooks twice (I never read the written novels, and I'm only halfway through The World of Ice and Fire). This would obviously have been even worse for someone who only knew the TV show (though that's on them). I don't know in how many different cities this was held, but I went in Berlin and they had a "cinema" where no film was being shown when we arrived and it was so crowded we didn't feel like waiting around for it to start. All in all, I expected a more multimedia experience, not just a gallery of concept art landscapes with little accompanying information (unless you wanted to stare at your smartphone the entire time)

I was invited to the preview/opening event, and it was crowded and amazing. The cinema was operational then, they had the duo Wolf & Moon performed some music, met the Sauers who organized it and some of the artists who participated, hung out with some fellow fans including Javi from Los Siete Reinos and Stefan Sasse from The Tower of the Hand and the Boiled Leather Audio Hour.

Obviously, it was especially cool being the co-author of the book that inspired it, so I'm rather biased! It was a remarkable honor.

Archived