Your Favourite Badass Line from a Non-Badass Character

Canon Claude

It's pretty self-explanatory in the title, but I'll elaborate. Choose a badass line delivered by character that isn't known for being warlike or obviously heroic or confrontational. So anything by Stannis, Robert, Jon Snow, Tywin Lannister, and those sorts of people. And because I'm expecting this issue to come up, I don't think Tyrion Lannister should count after all he's been through. 

"Old powers waken. Shadows stir. An age of wonder and terror will soon be upon us, an age of gods and heroes." - Leo Tyrell

It may not really contribute to how badass the character himself seems, but it's still an awesome line for the series as a whole.

15 minutes ago, James Steller said:

That seems more witty than badass. What’s the context?

(ACOK, Sansa I) During Joffrey’s name day, Tommen wants to ride against the straw man but Joffrey says the tourney is done and mocks him:

The master of revels bowed, but Prince Tommen was not so obedient. “I’m supposed to ride against the straw man.”

“Not today.” 

“But I want to ride!” 

“I don’t care what you want.” 

“Mother said I could ride.”

“She said,” Princess Myrcella agreed. 

“Mother said,” mocked the king. “Don’t be childish.” 

“We’re children,” Myrcella declared haughtily. “We’re supposed to be childish.”

The Hound laughed. “She has you there.”

Inkpots in the Tyrion sample chapter:

Spoiler

"Now, a good trained warhorse, he'll charge a wall o'shields. Some will leap a fire ditch. But I never once seen a horse that can run on water."

- when a Yunkai commander orders the company to charge the Iron Fleet.

Anything said by Genna Lannister lol

Terms require trust.  The Freys murdered guests beneath their roof, and you, well … I mean no offense, my love, but you did kill a certain king you had sworn to protect.”

"I know my place....unlike your sister"

On 6/21/2019 at 11:31 AM, Señor de la Tormenta said:

Dance with me then.

For Robert!

Waymar Royce to a freaking other.

That would have been my choice except I don’t know if Waymar counts. He was raised to be a fighter, a son of House Royce. It’s expected of him to be badass.

Oh pish, posh - everyone's missing the best example!"

Joffrey gave a petulant shrug. "Your brother defeated my uncle Jaime. My mother says it was treachery and deceit. She wept when she heard. Women are all weak, even her, though she pretends she isn't. She says we need to stay in King's Landing in case my other uncles attack, but I don't care. After my name day feast, I'm going to raise a host and kill your brother myself. That's what I'll give you, Lady Sansa. Your brother's head."

A kind of madness took over her then, and she heard herself say, "Maybe my brother will give me your head."

A Game of Thrones - Sansa VI

9 minutes ago, Tyrion1991 said:

“Ed, fetch me a block”

Jon Snow

He really, really isn’t a badass.

I disagree, he’s proved his worth several times now, and he’s clearly brave enough to fight for what’s right even when it goes against tradition.

Archived