Cersei will know about Aegon

How? Cersei saw Rhaegar as a child, she thinks Aurene looks like Rhaegar but man has green eyes. Plus Aegon isn't a carbon copy of Rhaegar, he is more muscular and has short hair, Cersei wasn't present in Harrenhall to remember an older Rhaegar. Why not Jaime? Jaime knew what adult Rhaegar looked like, saw him before the Trident and even remember how Rhaegar sounded like. Why a deranged Cersei is a better source for Aegon's legitimacy than Jaime? And Cersei will brand Aegon as a fake, he is a direct threat to her and Tommen, when that happens majority of people won't care if they aren't Lannister loyalist. 

I mean, I think she could see a positive DNA test and still say Aegon is fake because he's coming for her and her kids. I don't know if you've noticed, but morality and facts don't mean a whole lot to Cersei. She'll say whatever it takes to try to hold onto power. Who knows if Aegon is real, (I like to think he is)  but one way or another she'll label him as a fake, a usurper and anything else to rile up the smallfolk. 

I agree with the others in that I don't think that Cersei would be able to discern the truth from her limited exposure to Rhaegar nor would she care what was the truth when it comes to a threat to her power.

However, I also don't think that Cersei's ever going to be in a position where she could make that determination. If Cersei were to come face to face with Aegon, it would be after Aegon's successfully retaken the city and Cersei would be in front of Aegon only to shortly be sentenced by him, and I don't think that's going to work given her apparent current trajectory to die by Jaime's hands.

5 hours ago, Lluewhyn said:

I agree with the others in that I don't think that Cersei would be able to discern the truth from her limited exposure to Rhaegar nor would she care what was the truth when it comes to a threat to her power.

However, I also don't think that Cersei's ever going to be in a position where she could make that determination. If Cersei were to come face to face with Aegon, it would be after Aegon's successfully retaken the city and Cersei would be in front of Aegon only to shortly be sentenced by him, and I don't think that's going to work given her apparent current trajectory to die by Jaime's hands.

Agreed, I think when Aegon comes, he will definitely be in power when he meets her. Or you know, on the verge of power.

20 hours ago, Ser Arthur Brightflower said:

I think Cersei is going to know that Aegon is in fact Faegon. How she’ll use this to her advantage idk, but we’ve already seen that she makes wild assumptions about appearance (see Aurane Waters) and she will correctly assume wildly he isn’t rhaegar’s son.

This isn't a bad idea.

It won't be the first time illogical conclusions, paranoia and wild conspiracy theories turn out to be real and factual.

Broken clocks are correct twice a day.

I think it will be funny....

2 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

This isn't a bad idea.

It won't be the first time illogical conclusions, paranoia and wild conspiracy theories turn out to be real and factual.

Broken clocks are correct twice a day.

I think it will be funny....

Speaking of Cersei, paranoia and illogical conclusions..........can you imagine if she finds out Tyrion traveled with the Griffs a'tall?  OH MY!!  That should produce some whacko conspiracy theories on her part. 

14 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Speaking of Cersei, paranoia and illogical conclusions..........can you imagine if she finds out Tyrion traveled with the Griffs a'tall?  OH MY!!  That should produce some whacko conspiracy theories on her part. 

Like paranoia that Tyrion pushed for Aegon to invade Westeros with vindictive thoughts of making his family suffer.

oh wait!

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Like paranoia that Tyrion pushed for Aegon to invade Westeros with vindictive thoughts of making his family suffer.

oh wait!

2 hours ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

It's not paranoia... 

Yada yada. 

LOLOL  I'm sure our Cersei can take that paranoia a lot further.  Tyrion is probably hiding in FAegon's actual pocket and has been promoted to a lead position in with the Golden Company, and NOT those Stinky Second String Second Sons, Hahaha. 

No, truly, I'm probably too sane to come up with half the crap Cersei can. 

4 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOLOL  I'm sure our Cersei can take that paranoia a lot further.  Tyrion is probably hiding in FAegon's actual pocket and has been promoted to a lead position in with the Golden Company, and NOT those Stinky Second String Second Sons, Hahaha. 

THe thing about Cersei is i think she often stumbles cack handedly to something approaching the truth, but for all the wrong reasons. She then makes all the wrong conclusions from it too of course

Cersei won't know whether Aegon is real or not. Seems, that after Jaime was knighted by Arthur Dayne (after their fight against Kingswood Brotherhood), he went to King's Landing, where he and Cersei decided that he should join Kingsguard. After that Jaime went to Casterly Rock. Most likely, he took Cersei with him. Because at the time of Robert's Rebellion, she was not at KL. She was brought there for her wedding, from Casterly Rock by Barristan Selmy, either in 283 or 284. It was his first task, as a new Lord Commander of Kingsguard of King Robert Baratheon.

Aegon was born in December of 281, after tournament at Harrenhal, and Cersei was taken back to Casterly Rock (when Tywin left Targaryen court), prior Tournament at Harrenhal, and returned to KL only for her wedding with Robert. Thus, she never saw little Aegon.

Same thing with Tywin. He left KL when Aerys allowed Jaime to join Kingsguard.

Unlike his older sister, Aegon was never officially introduced to royal court. He was born on Dragonstone, in late 281. And was staying there with his mother and sister, until they were taken to King's Landing on Aerys' order, already after the beginning of Robert's Rebellion. Afterwards Elia and her children were held by Aerys as his hostages against Martells and Rhaegar. So, it's unlikely that Elia was freely walking all over KL or Red Keep, whenever she wanted. Most likely, she was confined in her chamber, and was guarded 24/7.

Thus, actually there's very small number of people, that had seen little Aegon, while he was still alive. There was a lot more people, that saw his dead body, than people, that have seen him alive. And Varys used this fact, and created fAegon's story.

Out of people at royal court, that had lived to 300AC, only Jaime, Varys and Pycelle had an opportunity to see Aegon. And it's unlikely that Jaime had any interest in children, and spared to little Aegon more than a cursory glance. And for men, especialy young and vain men, like Jaime was, children were holding little to no interest. So, Jaime wouldn't have been able to distinguish one little squalling baby from another little squalling baby, and to tell, whether he can identify one of this babies as Aegon, or not Aegon.

21 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

That's because you don't have fake wall-panels and secret passages in your house.

23 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Oh yes, Cersei is Cersei's worst enemy. Her self entitlement and disdain of others make her see other people as morons or fantastically apt plotters out to get her. All at once. And sometimes they really are. See Tyrion.

But once you've fallen down the rabbit hole of hearing hooves and going 'yep, totally a zebra unicorn' and then 'ffs, it was a unicorn! Not a zebra unicorn, but it was a unicorn, see that? I told you so'.  You will never think horse or donkey. Hell no you won't.

Archived