Police - a thin blue line, a wad of cash and scary guns

ants

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

More hand wavey than ignoring antifa beating up a journalist, pulling old men out of cars while waving crowbars.. all the while the police are under instructions to  not intervene. 

Its interesting all you home in on is a tweet by police warning of reports of substances in a milkshake?

I mean more than a couple people have talked about how this fake concrete story gives them leave to shoot anyone who comes near them holding anything. So yeah I think a tweet regurgitating propaganda from a police department with known ties to the far right is more worthy of looking at than some piece of shit journalist who dox's people getting those people put on neo-nazi's kill lists getting punched in the face. More so after looking at his twitter page were he crows about the use of violence by guys like the proud boys, and drops the name of a woman attacked and seriously injured because she apparently damaged some sound equipment. And especially since the number of people killed by Anfita is still fucking zero, while the number of people killed by the far right continues to rise.

I haven't heard anything about an old guy being pulled out of a car, unless we're talking about the old guy who attacked people with a collapsible baton and got the shit kicked out of him for it.

yup. and portland police just had a “press conference” announcing plans to institute an “unmasking” policy which is only going to put more people in danger - this is just days after proudboys in philly have been showing up at anti fascists activists houses to threaten and intimidate them

31 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

More so after looking at his twitter page were he crows about the use of violence by guys like the proud boys, and drops the name of a woman attacked and seriously injured because she apparently damaged some sound equipment. And especially since the number of people killed by Anfita is still fucking zero, while the number of people killed by the far right continues to rise.

I just got a department-wide email about something kinda relevant to this.  A Pitt student apparently threatened and slurred another individual via social media.  He threatened to "legally shoot" the guy "just like George Zimmerman."  Only reason I got the email was because the fuckface was a poly sci major.  Here's a link.

48 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

I haven't heard anything about an old guy being pulled out of a car, unless we're talking about the old guy who attacked people with a collapsible baton and got the shit kicked out of him for it.

The point is that Antifa are apparently doing shit like this and the police are not really getting involved. Holding up traffic, shouting racist abuse at people and then chasing down drivers to attack them. Doesn’t seem like these fascist police are being very fascist.

plus you have the Andy Ngo thing, where a journalist is beaten in public and those people who see themselves on the right side of justice are totally fine with physical assault of a gay Asian guy , in fact when they see someone getting kicked and punched they just throw things at him. And the police didn’t really do anything. 

So I find it odd that not only is your take that the problem here is a warning about milkshakes.. but you are subtly applauding this violent assault and justifying it. Big clap to you.

7 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

The point is that Antifa are apparently doing shit like this and the police are not really getting involved. Holding up traffic, shouting racist abuse at people and then chasing down drivers to attack them. Doesn’t seem like these fascist police are being very fascist.

So "Pulling a guy out of his car" is apparently now code for "after guy pushes his way through people with his car, he then willingly gets out of said car to confront the people, and then said people let him freely get back into his car and leave."

How fucking horrible those people are. Meanwhile people have been run over by the alt right.

plus you have the Andy Ngo thing, where a journalist is beaten in public and those people who see themselves on the right side of justice are totally fine with physical assault of a gay Asian guy , in fact when they see someone getting kicked and punched they just throw things at him. And the police didn’t really do anything.

Yes, I'm totally fine with a guy who puts other people lives are risk being hit. I thought I had settled this already. Him being gay and Asian mean nothing in the face of him actively helping far right groups in their plans to kill people.

So I find it odd that not only is your take that the problem here is a warning about milkshakes.. but you are subtly applauding this violent assault and justifying it. Big clap to you.

But it's not a warning. There's nothing to warn about. They was no concrete milkshakes. There was no evidence of concrete milkshakes. This is the police very willingly taking one sides bullshit and helping them propagate it. Like you do realize this completely fabricated story has been headlined in national media? This is actual fake news, and yet seemingly no one on the side that routinely cries about fake news has any problem with this.

1 hour ago, TrueMetis said:

Yes, I'm totally fine with a guy who puts other people lives are risk being hit. I thought I had settled this already. Him being gay and Asian mean nothing in the face of him actively helping far right groups in their plans to kill people..

worth checking this out because all this stuff about Doxxing appears to be total bullshit.

But either way it’s nice to know there are people out there totally able to handwave violence if it’s against people they don’t like. 

3 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

worth checking this out because all this stuff about Doxxing appears to be total bullshit.

But either way it’s nice to know there are people out there totally able to handwave violence if it’s against people they don’t like. 

And that would be the Portland police? 

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

First Ngo is listed as a sub-editor on Quillette which means he has at least some say on what's published, though even just working for it is tacit support considering what whatever the fuck you wanna call Quillette does. Second I, and the article I linked, mentioned him doxing people on his twitter. Did somebody else author his fucking tweets?

3 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

First Ngo is listed as a sub-editor on Quillette which means he has at least some say on what's published, though even just working for it is tacit support considering what whatever the fuck you wanna call Quillette does. Second I, and the article I linked, mentioned him doxing people on his twitter. Did somebody else author his fucking tweets?

Hey, he comes from a good family!

8 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

Hey, he comes from a good family!

And he’s Asian and gay. That somehow means he could deliberately put people’s lives in danger, without it being a big deal. Well assuming the people aren’t on the right. If not any mention of these things, is SJW pandering because now his sexuality and race don’t detract from him again putting people’s lives at risk

13 hours ago, Heartofice said:

If they seem to be ok with Antifa thugs beating people up then yeah

This is a clear distortion of what happened

As Nice guy explains

16 hours ago, a good and nice guy said:

ngo got egged and punch in the middle of a crowd hundreds of yards away from any cops because he was deliberately provocative and looking for a reaction. he wanted a response like that and went out of his way to get it. and the cops weren’t “not interfereing” they were actively protecting the proud boys and patriot prayer. like, literally standing behind them

You’re just taking the police not being able to readily handle this one physical dispute to which they weren’t close to when they’re trying to keep on a very volatile situation involving dozens of people as somehow ironclad proof the police weren’t doing anything to protect the right. They were.

Hell Joe Gibson literally said the Portland police had their backs and made very clear with his texts with them that they would do their best to protect  far-right activists

There was no pro-Antifa bias in the police’s actions. 

12 hours ago, Heartofice said:

If they seem to be ok with Antifa thugs beating people up then yeah

Strange how even Gibson a right extremist whose a leader in a far-right group of extremists, somehow thought the PPD had the back of far-right extremists after repeatedly chatting with them.

But oh no, the PPD totes dislikes Gibson and his ilk and love Antifa.

On 7/4/2019 at 10:31 PM, a good and nice guy said:

just another in a long line of examples of ppb carrying water for and protecting far right white nationalist groups. crazy how folks could have trouble trusting such an institution

Hardly surprising given Oregon's amazingly racist history. The state was literally founded to be an all white Utopia and even liberal Portland is pretty racist.

Wasn't it in Portland where they found a police sergeant or lieutenant had been sending friendly texts with white supremacists leaders before a march?

I see Heartofice has taken time off from lamenting Roseanne Barr's lost career, tragically stunted when people noticed her months of deranged tweeting, to come over and castigate us Americans again about how unfairly we treat racist pieces of shit. Way to show your true colors, you apologist for authoritarian racism.

12 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Hardly surprising given Oregon's amazingly racist history. The state was literally founded to be an all white Utopia and even liberal Portland is pretty racist.

Wasn't it in Portland where they found a police sergeant or lieutenant had been sending friendly texts with white supremacists leaders before a march?

yep, even brought it up in this thread.

On 7/5/2019 at 10:20 AM, kairparavel said:

Just some Proud Boy walking about town, fist-bumping a stogie-crunching DC cop as he walks by.

Serving and protecting white nationalists in Chocolate City. NBD.

“I think that we have to find the context under which that happened,”Metropolitan Police Department Chief Peter Newsham told DCist on Saturday. “I don’t know what the context was, I don’t know who the person was, I don’t know why they fist bumped, so we’ll take a look at that and see if it’s something that needs any attention. I do think that probably it was somebody who was taking that image that was purposely trying to paint the police in a negative light, but we’ll see. Once we have the context, we can speak about it in more detail.”

https://dcist.com/story/19/07/05/d-c-police-officer-fist-bumps-a-proud-boy-after-clashes-in-front-of-white-house/

Archived