Police - a thin blue line, a wad of cash and scary guns

ants

14 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

They're fucking just throwing flashbangs into the fucking crowd!

I can't remember the name of the event, but when I was a junior or senior at the University, the city police just came in and fired all kinds of shit at the students who were just partying. Maybe things were taken too far on our end, but man, the horror stories you heard in the following days..............

TBH I gotta wonder how many of those fires may have been started by the police's indiscriminate uses of "less than lethal" weapons, tear gas containers get fucking hot.

Also there's accusations going around that a guy who smashed the windows of the autozone was a cop in plain clothes.

I keep seeing the news saying this feels different than previous instances where this has happened.

Yeah, because we have a video of a man being murdered by a police officer.  There was no grey area here.  This was a literal public execution where an officer choked a man to death while he pleaded for his life and multiple onlookers cried for justice.  

So yeah, it's fucking different.  There's nothing to hide behind with this one.  

On 5/27/2020 at 9:02 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Like I said, our mayor is young and agrees, we're sick of this shit. The city is hurting. He's showing leadership. 

I thought it was one of the reasons he was elected. 

I just read an article about all the protests and what struck me as odd was a line about how protestors in Columbus, Ohio, tried to get entrance to the local parliament and were denied access. I immediately had to think of the armed (white!) nutjobs who were allowed entrance to the Michigan parliament a month ago to go intimidate the representatives. What a joke of a country...

5 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

TBH I gotta wonder how many of those fires may have been started by the police's indiscriminate uses of "less than lethal" weapons, tear gas containers get fucking hot.

Also there's accusations going around that a guy who smashed the windows of the autozone was a cop in plain clothes.

He sure as fuck looked like it in his shiny new equipment, freshly purchase for the modern riot provocateur.

Theyve just arrested a CNN crew for....existing? Broadcasting what they're doing before they're about to just brutally slaughter people? Fuck knows.

39 minutes ago, karaddin said:

He sure as fuck looked like it in his shiny new equipment, freshly purchase for the modern riot provocateur.

Theyve just arrested a CNN crew for....existing? Broadcasting what they're doing before they're about to just brutally slaughter people? Fuck knows.

Given that the CNN crew fronted by a black person was arrested but the CNN crew fronted by a white person was not, I think we know what they were arrested for. 

42 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Can't help but think that if a police precinct burned everytime a cop murdered someone there might be fewer police casually murdering folks.  

And wrongful death and police brutality settlements should come out of police pensions. Maybe then they'll actually police each other.

49 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Given that the CNN crew fronted by a black person was arrested but the CNN crew fronted by a white person was not, I think we know what they were arrested for. 

Fucking fascist pieces of shit. Like I said, they only fucking know how to escalate.

21 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Fucking fascist pieces of shit. Like I said, they only fucking know how to escalate.

I see that the Minnesota Governor has apologized for the Mr. Jimenez's arrest.  What I'd love to see is the Minnesota State Police attempt to explain why Mr. Jimenez was arrested in the first place when the other white correspondent was left unmolested.

Jesus fucking Christ, these goddamn Minnesota LEOs are fucking bound and fucking determined to make things fucking worse. This press conference is just going to throw gas on the fire.

2 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

It's very telling that the four pigs who murdered George Floyd still haven't been arrested.

This seems like the perfect group to make an example of too because of how obviously guilty they are.  Lock them up and deny them protective custody.  Justice will work itself out.

Archived